Atlanta United News

slugboy

Staff member

Not a good start. Hopefully the guys can bounce back next week.

We seem to be a slow starting team, but maybe this is a wake up call showing us how good the international teams are, and how far we still have to go.
It may take a little time to adapt to the new coach. Hope he’s the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
MLS is light years ahead of the Costa Rican league. This is an embarrassing loss regardless of whether the team is still in a preseason slumber. They can't go on the road and leave themselves wide open at the back. The pragmatic thing to do would have been to defend and counterattack. Probably would have won easily if they had done that .

Connor

Georgia Tech Fan
What a game- great comeback, and Shea looked great. Almost every starting player is a strong MLS starter- if the team continues to mesh, we could blow last year out of the water

Still to early to tell. but VAMOS

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
DC United 2-0 over Atlanta United in the 2nd half. Atlanta United looks completely flat.
Kind of expected. Coming off a high stakes win in the Champions Cup and having to play on the road in the cold/rain to open your championship defense is a recipe for disappointment. Become the first MLS team to win the Champions Cup and any regular season losses because of it will be worth it.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Kind of expected. Coming off a high stakes win in the Champions Cup and having to play on the road in the cold/rain to open your championship defense is a recipe for disappointment. Become the first MLS team to win the Champions Cup and any regular season losses because of it will be worth it.

I wasn’t worried about winning or losing bc of the congested schedule, but with no pressure I don’t know why you trot out so many starters. We should have just played a B team and given our guys a rest.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If United flops this season (losing record), it will be fascinating to see how their attendance holds up.

We forever are asking whether attendance is really all about winning....or is it ‘good marketing’? If the latter, their attendance should hold up decently in spite of losing.....I am skeptical personally. I think the value of good marketing is oversold (because it is so hard to measure), while the value of establishing a winning record is undersold.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
If United flops this season (losing record), it will be fascinating to see how their attendance holds up.

We forever are asking whether attendance is really all about winning....or is it ‘good marketing’? If the latter, their attendance should hold up decently in spite of losing.....I am skeptical personally. I think the value of good marketing is oversold (because it is so hard to measure), while the value of establishing a winning record is undersold.
I agree with you i think there will be a lot of empty seats in MBS if Atlanta United is .500 or has a losing record.