Atlanta United FC

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Been to MBS twice now (GT game and UTD opener). It's shiny and nice, but the acoustics suck in there. Also, sitting in prime lower level section (15 rows back) and not being able to see 25% of the soccer field is tough to swallow. I think more folks are going to miss the intimacy and sight lines of Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Been to MBS twice now (GT game and UTD opener). It's shiny and nice, but the acoustics suck in there. Also, sitting in prime lower level section (15 rows back) and not being able to see 25% of the soccer field is tough to swallow. I think more folks are going to miss the intimacy and sight lines of Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Agree. The chants do not reverberate around the stadium like they do at BDS. They also need to do something about the smoke from the fireworks. It just settles on the field so you're watching the game through the haze. I willl say, the field is closer to the stands than I thought it would be, but the seating dimensions are weird.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPNFC: Bobby Dodd Stadium was integral in establishing Atlanta United traditions
Eales & Co. already knew they wanted to pay homage to the region's college football tradition whenever possible, and Bobby Dodd allowed them to experiment. They gave fans the option to greet the players as they walked off the team bus into the stadium, an instant hit. A vibrant tailgating scene quickly sprung up too, inspiring the team to open a fan zone on the site of the Georgia Dome once the old building is demolished later this year.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
What are the perks of the Delta Club? Are those all inclusive seats (fOOD + drink)?

It's not all inclusive. But thats where Antico and Sublime Donuts is at. Also, it's where the players walk through to the field. And you have access to field level behind the players bench.