Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Michael Reed went on the 60 day DL. Back injury.
Ryan Flaherty recalled.
Braves reaquired Preston Tucker from Reds for cash(he will only be eligible for regular season games).
Dustin Peterson released off the 40 man for assignment.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Boston with Nathan Eovaldi, 5-7 4.35 and 74 K’s vs. Touki Tousaint, 1-0 1.50 and 4 k’s; in Atlanta at 1 p.m. Televised on ESPN.

Phils at Marlins, today Labor Day game.

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Boston with Nathan Eovaldi, 5-7 4.35 and 74 K’s vs. Touki Tousaint, 1-0 1.50 and 4 k’s; in Atlanta at 1 p.m. Televised on ESPN.

Phils at Marlins, today Labor Day game.
Hopefully the Braves can beat the red hot Red Sox. At least they're going against a pitcher with a losing record. i think Touki Tousaint could wind up being the Braves version of Pedro Martinez.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tomorrow on Tuesday:
Rick Porcello vs. Sean Newcomb

Wednesday, Mike Foltynewicz vs. TBD/A(Boston scratched the previously announced hurler).

Braves go out to Arizona for a Thursday night game and a four game series.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
4 weeks left, 3rd toughest schedule in the majors. Keep your fingers crossed boys. We're gonna need to get hot as well as get a lot of help from Philly opponents. This is gonna be awesome or heartbreaking, possibly both.
The record may not be pretty if the Braves win the NL East(89 or less wins) but all that matters is making the Playoffs;)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
13-13 gets us to 89 wins, anything else to me is pure gravy over the beef.
The greed in me wants the Division(we’ve spent about 80 days in first place), because I am not a fan of the one game playoffs. Remember that horrible call that changed that one game elimination we lost? Funny how I recall that and Jim Leyritz’ hitting that hanger to turn the entire World Series around vs. Yankees in the ‘90’s, my first thoughts on all the successes!