Atlanta Braves News

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This year is all gravy. Whether they win the division or not doesn't matter as they have 0% chance of winning any playoff series. So I don't care if Nats come back or Philies have some miracle resurrection.

This year is beyond my expectations and they have shown they have a really good core of young talent. They need a couple of pieces which they can (hopefully) get in the off season. I like where they are but it is a year early.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m with the “anything can happen sentiment.” Remember the Marlins winning the World Series(twice?, or they were in it a few times as the Wild Card)with empty seats for their home games? The Braves and most of the other teams were superior in talent, especially pitching. Get in, and it could happen. It’s called sports. Why the games are played and not mailed in through sabermetrics.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I’m with the “anything can happen sentiment.” Remember the Marlins winning the World Series(twice?, or they were in it a few times as the Wild Card)with empty seats for their home games? The Braves and most of the other teams were superior in talent, especially pitching. Get in, and it could happen. It’s called sports. Why the games are played and not mailed in through sabermetrics.
This has been a great season so far and i think the Braves will be even better in 2019.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves are poised to be good throughout the next decade, if they can build and maintain this extremely fine talent level. Especially our pitching. Staying away from panic trades or ones that don’t return talented youth.

The farm has to keep producing prospects, as opposed to putting money in the Free Agent pool. This will most likely, depending on ownership, remain a middle market.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Braves are poised to be good throughout the next decade, if they can build and maintain this extremely fine talent level. Especially our pitching. Staying away from panic trades or ones that don’t return talented youth.

The farm has to keep producing prospects, as opposed to putting money in the Free Agent pool. This will most likely, depending on ownership, remain a middle market.
Do you think the Braves will try to trade Ender Incierte during the offseason? He's had a rough year and if i were the Braves i would probably shop him around to see what i could get for him.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think they will dip their toe in the free agent market over the winter. Third base depending on where they think their coming prospect is. Looking at keeping or replacing Markakis. Bull pen for sure and potentially a top of the staff veteran starter depending on price. They will also need to start thinning the herd of prospects they have in order for them to not lose value and/or lose them entirely. So a couple of trades are likely.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I think they will dip their toe in the free agent market over the winter. Third base depending on where they think their coming prospect is. Looking at keeping or replacing Markakis. Bull pen for sure and potentially a top of the staff veteran starter depending on price. They will also need to start thinning the herd of prospects they have in order for them to not lose value and/or lose them entirely. So a couple of trades are likely.

I think 3rd base is in very good hands now and going forward ;) Carmargo looks like he's going to be a .280 20-25 hr 80-90 RBI guy with way above average D

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
IMHO it is simply a matter of where they think they are as a team and whether they think they are ready for a real run at a title next year. If they really want to run at a title then I think they need more pop out of 3B. If they are not all in or the price is too high then riding Carmargo until Riley is ready makes sense. Same with a top of the order starter. If you are all in for next year you go looking. If you think you are still a year away or the price is too high then you simply ride the starters coming through the ranks.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
IMHO it is simply a matter of where they think they are as a team and whether they think they are ready for a real run at a title next year. If they really want to run at a title then I think they need more pop out of 3B. If they are not all in or the price is too high then riding Carmargo until Riley is ready makes sense. Same with a top of the order starter. If you are all in for next year you go looking. If you think you are still a year away or the price is too high then you simply ride the starters coming through the ranks.
I get the feeling Riley will step in at 3rd base like Chipper Jones did in 1995 and be the Braves 3rd baseman for possibly the next decade.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I really think y'all are underestimating Comargo :) Not saying Riley won't displace him but he's a more than capable MLB 3rd baseman and we don't know how high his upside is yet. Riley hold promise but I've seen way too many top prospect not pan out at the MLB level
I love Camargo. It's a tough decision, but if we can't resign Markakis, then I think that we need to put Riley in LF and Acuna in RF. Then keep Camargo at 3rd. I would also love to sign Machado at SS and put Swanson on the bench as a super utility guy. Also, use the prospects to go out and get deGromm.