Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
A friend that works for the Braves tells me one of his hands/wrists is sore. Time of year to tough it out. What are we going to do, put Duvall at first?

We acquired this righty hitting catcher today, off a straight waiver claim from the Angels:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/...n=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-
His defense has slipped to average the last two years. He’s been injured a lot, too!
Lifetime .221 hitter. We assume what is left of the 2.8m. on his contract.

Chris Stewart dropped off the 40 man. Look for Ruiz to get sent down until Saturday.
Unless we are dropping a pitcher like Sudden Sam Free(every other)man(he faces).
I hope he just has a sore hand and it's not something worse. I don't want Freddie to wind up former Ranger,Brave and Yankee 1B Mark Teixeira.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
18 LOB for our Bravos in a 8-5 loss. Two rain delays. Poor starting pitching. Middle relief couldn’t hold the Rays, either. Camargo was 3-4. Alvarado got him and the last four Braves in the game. He was throwing 97 mph. Squashed our eighth inning rally where we left two on.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jake-you really don’t want to know what we are doing with men in scoring position, in the last dozen games and I don’t want to research it. The numbers have to be anemic.

Last night should have been a free for all with the lumber....and when Alvarado came in, it was too late to seize the opportunity.

Mike-we can’t hit the bee-hind of Kevin Seitzer or Brian Snitker right now. What do you think of Duda as a cash(we assume half of remaining salary)pickup for the bench? Lifetime, he’s a .241 hitter with power sock. Can play the outfield if needed or give Freddie a day off.

I still think we get a reliever by tomorrow night.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Jake-you really don’t want to know what we are doing with men in scoring position, in the last dozen games and I don’t want to research it. The numbers have to be anemic.

Last night should have been a free for all with the lumber....and when Alvarado came in, it was too late to seize the opportunity.

Mike-we can’t hit the bee-hind of Kevin Seitzer or Brian Snitker right now. What do you think of Duda as a cash(we assume half of remaining salary)pickup for the bench? Lifetime, he’s a .241 hitter with power sock. Can play the outfield if needed or give Freddie a day off.

I still think we get a reliever by tomorrow night.
I love getting Duda. Now we have a legit right killer (Duda) and lefty killer (Duvall) who have pop. Then throw in the all around guy in Culberson and our bench is finally deep.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Riviera a good roster addition for backing up the backstops? In the very least, he provides decent depth that joined up before Sept. 1(eligible for postseason action).
Can you imagine getting one or both of our catchers getting hurt and having to go with a Chris Stewart type? René has been a big leaguer for many games.

Mike-Rumors flying in August....if we can’t get Realmuto this winter, Zuki will be resigned. Not many young, great catching prospects. Cubs will expectedly throw the bank bags at Castillo.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Playing what if? Want to join?
Ender, a few stud pitchers not named Folty or Soroka or Newcomb or Minter....for Christian Yelich(.316, 26, 76, .559 with Milwaukee this season). What an outfield for us. Marlins would have bit, although A.A. was reluctant to trade farmhands he didn’t have a good grip on, yet.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I want to target Realmuto and Grandal this offseason. I also really want to add Machado even though Swanson is playing better as of late. I like Swanson, but .300 with 30 bombs is just too hard to pass up.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I want to target Realmuto and Grandal this offseason. I also really want to add Machado even though Swanson is playing better as of late. I like Swanson, but .300 with 30 bombs is just too hard to pass up.
I hope the Braves can get Realmuto in the offseason,the Braves would have a great batting lineup in 2019. I would like the Braves to trade for Reds pitcher Matt Harvey in the offseason. It would be nice to get another veteran arm in the pitching lineup.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves have scheduled 4 to the Arizona Fall League, Peoria team: Pasche, Davidson, I. Wilson, Didder. More players can be added later to the AFL split team. Some of the pitchers like Touki and Bryse Wilson have racked up a lot of innings.

Good to see a five-tool prospect like Christian P., coming up in the outfield. And nice to have Braxton D., Ray D. represent the IF. Wilson needs to cut down on striking out with a lower B.A., but his power numbers have still been good; He’s a corner OF.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Sánchez tonight. Gausman on Saturday night. TBA/D on late Sunday afternoon. Jonathan Talion for Bucs, followed by Archer, then Nova.

Chris Stewart traded off waiver wire to D’Backs for cash or a PTBNL. They already have three catchers on their roster.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Austin Riley with 5 rbi’s, last night.

Do we go after Josh Donaldson on a waiver claim? All the AL clubs got first dibs yesterday, now all the NL teams have a chance. Braves, best record in NL, other than Cubbies-therefore next to last in selection(s)in our league.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Austin Riley with 5 rbi’s, last night.

Do we go after Josh Donaldson on a waiver claim? All the AL clubs got first dibs yesterday, now all the NL teams have a chance. Braves, best record in NL, other than Cubbies-therefore next to last in selection(s)in our league.
I want to see Austin Riley get called up to the Braves. I think he could be another Chipper Jones.