Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Lead shrunk down to 1 run, 5-4. Biddle trying to get last out in 6th.
Nats coming back with two runs. Fighting Fillies 3-2, 7 th.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ender hit a dinger. Wish we could bottle up a few of these runs tomorrow. Minter ought to cruise, he’s rested.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ender Inciarte with a huge night, 4 for 4 in the win.
4 1/2 game lead. 8 over the Natties.

On to tomorrow. Spear the Rays.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Alright, Mike-magic number talk! Way to bring it on!!

Largest division lead of the season for Braves at 4.5!

Hopefully, bats are waking up!

Friday at midnight will be the last chance to add players off the waiver wire and still have them be eligible for any playoff activity. Would the Nats deal Matt Wieters to us? Who in the name of sanity, can be a perfect 7th or 8th inning “holder” when in a one run game(out of the ‘pen)? Vizcaino and Carle, have got to be of some help.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Alright, Mike-magic number talk! Way to bring it on!!

Largest division lead of the season for Braves at 4.5!

Hopefully, bats are waking up!

Friday at midnight will be the last chance to add players off the waiver wire and still have them be eligible for any playoff activity. Would the Nats deal Matt Wieters to us? Who in the name of sanity, can be a perfect 7th or 8th inning “holder” when in a one run game(out of the ‘pen)? Vizcaino and Carle, have got to be of some help.
I'd like the Braves to get Matt Wieters if they didn't have to give up too much

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Newcomb vs. Diego Castillo tonight.
Mike Montgomery for Cubs on Thursday. Our rotation has not been announced.
Bucs will throw Taillon, Archer, Nova against us this weekend.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
What's up with Freddie ???
Sad but true, I'm never comfortable with a ninth inning lead, on the edge of my seat until the last strike ...
We need to keep building the lead, because if not, I truly believe it's going to come down to the last three-game series in Philly, which would be scary !!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
What's up with Freddie ???
Sad but true, I'm never comfortable with a ninth inning lead, on the edge of my seat until the last strike ...
We need to keep building the lead, because if not, I truly believe it's going to come down to the last three-game series in Philly, which would be scary !!
Freddie is having another cold spell and he's bust out of it pretty soon if he stays true to his prior history

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A friend that works for the Braves tells me one of his hands/wrists is sore. Time of year to tough it out. What are we going to do, put Duvall at first?

We acquired this righty hitting catcher today, off a straight waiver claim from the Angels:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/...n=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-
His defense has slipped to average the last two years. He’s been injured a lot, too!
Lifetime .221 hitter. We assume what is left of the 2.8m. on his contract.

Chris Stewart dropped off the 40 man. Look for Ruiz to get sent down until Saturday.
Unless we are dropping a pitcher like Sudden Sam Free(every other)man(he faces).