Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Milwaukee, I haven’t had a drink in over 35 years. When Moylan and McCarthy come back, and Sudden Sammy is added, I might take up a cocktail(as you are enjoying in the sunshine).

Carle, Vizcaino, I’ll take my chances with. I’m sure we haven’t seen the last implosion with the bullpen.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Biddle came in for the last half of the sixth. The run was for K.G., until replaced.
Pills win 8-3. Speaking of pills, the Mets need some, Nats leading 15-0. Didn’t they tag the mazing metropolitans for 20 something in a game last month?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kea is better than a top-of-the-line Kia engine(I guess Hyundai still makes those?).

Went back and looked at our outcome of games involving shutouts in 2018. Braves have whiffed the opponent 11 times. Opposition has blanked us 7. Without looking back at the last 5 years, I'm thinking we have not been that fortunate prior to this season?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Kea is better than a top-of-the-line Kia engine(I guess Hyundai still makes those?).

Went back and looked at our outcome of games involving shutouts in 2018. Braves have whiffed the opponent 11 times. Opposition has blanked us 7. Without looking back at the last 5 years, I'm thinking we have not been that fortunate prior to this season?
It's unbelievable how much the Braves have improved from 2017 to 2018 and i think the Braves will make another step up in 2019.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don’t think I’ve looked ahead to a Braves series in years. I’m so wishing next Monday was here for the ESPN telecast of the Boston game. First, Tampa Bay.
Cubs, also at home for a make up game. Pitt. comes in, after that.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
My over the weekend comments;
Who would have thought that pitching would be our strength and the offense would struggle.
I would anticipate the up/downs will continue with a lot of youth, I think the Phillies are having the same issue's (thankfully).
Ozzie Albies is struggling with lots of KO's and pop-ups, it might be worth sending him down to Gwinnett for a couple of weeks to figure it out.
I hope we (at least) make the playoffs (I think we will), giving the young guys some post-season experience.
Gausman looks like a really good pick-up ... Adam Duvall ????
Four game split, 3-games up ... I'll take it !!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My over the weekend comments;
Who would have thought that pitching would be our strength and the offense would struggle.
I would anticipate the up/downs will continue with a lot of youth, I think the Phillies are having the same issue's (thankfully).
Ozzie Albies is struggling with lots of KO's and pop-ups, it might be worth sending him down to Gwinnett for a couple of weeks to figure it out.
I hope we (at least) make the playoffs (I think we will), giving the young guys some post-season experience.
Gausman looks like a really good pick-up ... Adam Duvall ????
Four game split, 3-games up ... I'll take it !!
I would happily trade Adam Duvall back to the Reds for a good Minor League Pitcher. Kevin Gausman reminds me a lot of former Indians and Cubs pitcher Rick Sutcliffe.