Atlanta Braves News

GT_EE78

Banned
stupid
stupid
stupid
They brought on the curse themselves
The Atlanta Braves did NOT pass out their traditional foam tomahawks prior to Game 5 of the NLDS on Wednesday ... after St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Ryan Helsley -- a member of the Cherokee tribe -- spoke out against the promotion. FYI -- the Braves have passed out the foam tomahawks on each seat in the stadium for postseason games in the past .
https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/09/atla...-handout-amid-pitcher-ryan-helsley-criticism/
Only way to start the offseason is to FIRE whoever banned the Tomahawks. (or deport them to China).
I wanna see Ryan Helsey's DNA results to see if we got conned by another fake Indian!
Breitbart Headline - MLB Playoffs Get Woke
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...tomahawks-after-player-rips-as-disrespectful/

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I still feel the Braves are cursed for not protecting Acuna each time he got beaned. Granted Gausman tried (and failed), but repeatedly turning the other cheek only invites teams to continue to do it. The fact that they didn't do in the last game of the season, when it was way out of reach, with the f'in pitcher who deliberately hit him standing at the plate in the next inning shows me Snitker and the rest of the crew lost their balls a long time ago.

GT_EE78

Banned
15 consecutive playoffs(1991 - 2004 ?) with only one WS win indicates something.
i'm thinking it must be bullpen issues. What ya'll think?
>>The Braves have lost 10 consecutive playoff rounds and have lost the deciding game on their home field in eight of them. They have matched an ignominious record long held by the Chicago Cubs for the most consecutive postseason rounds lost by a franchise in MLB history.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball...mbers-get-even-uglier/PswK8XHdPE4SaZLGXMIJXI/

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Caught up in the Hong Kong / China, Uighur "cleansing/reeducation" stuff.

Was not a screw you @kg01.

Adam Silver's suck up just has me frustrated and pissed with the NBA.

Yeah, I know.

All I'll say is there's several hundred NBA personnel physically in China right now. If any of them say the wrong thing, they can literally be tossed in political prison. Hyperbole aside, I think that is a very real threat. They've already accused Morey of attacking their soverignty or whatever with his twit.

I won't lambast them for their comments, or lack thereof, until they're all safely back home.

Now, if it's this time next week and they're still cow-towing, I'll have a big issue with the lot of 'em.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Congrats to @FredJacket . Despite how we got molly-whopp'd, the Dodgers losing trumps our loss bigtime considering they were supposedly the best team in the NL.

Ah well, baseball is ded to me until the Barves get a pitching staff. I ain't fallin' for the okeydoke anymore. We all know a real contender has aces up it's sleeve. We never had that.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Disappointment, Disbelief ... probably both on a grand scale. Two questions ...
1) Blame Game ... Pitching, Offense, Injuries, Management or is that just the way baseball works ??
2) Where do we go from here ??
I'm putting the blame on Offense, we weren't the same team on offense the second half of the season. And as someone said this series should have been over at Game 4 and never getting to yesterdays disaster.
From here, I think we need to focus on Pitching first and then figure out why the bats went silent, maybe we need to hire a hitting coach that specializes in hitting off-speed pitching ??

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here are my way too early end of the 2019 MLB season into the Winter Meetings 2020 Preseason MLB Predictions:cigar:

NL

East

Nationals
Braves
Mets
Phillies
Marlins

Central

Brewers
Cardinals
Cubs
Reds
Pirates

West

Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Giants
Padres
Rockies

NL Wildcards: Braves and Diamondbacks

NL Champions: Dodgers

AL

East

Yankees
Rays
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Orioles

Central

Twins
Indians
White Sox
Royals
Tigers

West

Astros
A's
Rangers
Angels
Mariners

AL Wildcards: Rays and Indians

AL Champions: Yankees

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We had a brief window to acquire Charlie Blackmon and or Zach Greinke. I said then, the latter would redirect our payroll and cost good young top prospects for a few years of having an older ace. I was highly in favor of the former, as our lineup and outfield would be solidified immensely. I still feel Realmuto was a huge upgrade over our platoon. It would have cost us the guys and Riley given up for those 3 relievers. It showed in the NLDS. Also, the 3 relievers acquired didn’t compare to Daniel Hudson of the Nats. in their totality. He was acquired for Kyle Johnston who has never risen above A Ball.

When you blow leads in 2 games from the 8th inning on, which I’m not sure has been equaled in a 5 game D.S., you know a problem exists. Tehran did win 4 games vs. The Fish(and was serviceable at times this year), but The Brass knew he wasn’t counted on last postseason and this one was no different.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
In the two games lost, Atlanta scored 10 runs. That should have been enough, to exempt Game 5(which was a comedy of errors and pitching horror)because that’s 5 runs per game. The two games won, the Braves scored 3 in each game. It points to what I’ve cried all season and most of last season, the Bullpen matters. Even when we had spells of good fortune out there, it never lasted. Good teams expose weaknesses. Not that the Cards had a ferocious offense. We just changed pitchers frequently , since there was not a dominant force in the back end of our core. Past his prime, Melancon tried his best.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
15 consecutive playoffs(1991 - 2004 ?) with only one WS win indicates something.
i'm thinking it must be bullpen issues. What ya'll think?
>>The Braves have lost 10 consecutive playoff rounds and have lost the deciding game on their home field in eight of them. They have matched an ignominious record long held by the Chicago Cubs for the most consecutive postseason rounds lost by a franchise in MLB history.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball...mbers-get-even-uglier/PswK8XHdPE4SaZLGXMIJXI/
Bats, stranding mob.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Gabe Kapler is gone ...

Don't fret, Phillie fans. I found somebody else to chew gum as effectively as Kapler used to ...

heidi-eating.gif