Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Julio and Flowe have to be gone. I mean, really? A catcher that can't catch? EZPass Lane. And, give Julio a pat on the back, but he's D1 (done).

If they fix the rotation like they need to, then Newcomb should be a reliever. If they nibble, like they're used to doing, Newcomb will start.

Lastly, I'd like to extend a heartfelt apology to @Milwaukee . I think y'all hurt his feelings the past few days. Don't hate us, milw. You've been a good sport all year.
kg01,you're 100% correct on Julio Teheran and Tyler Flowers(y)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jake, I didn’t say that I wouldn’t give Donaldson a multi-year deal. It’s A.A. and his team, including legal counsel making those decisions. Personally, two years would be safe because I don’t think he and his agent will settle for one year this time. It’s a good fit, both parties have a need for each other. We shall see if the exception is made for this player to be in his 30’s and get a multiple. I don’t see Rendon coming here. Riley has options, should he not fit at any of the open positions and then he could go back to AAA.

Melancon is in his 30’s and got a year and this half of a season. Atlanta didn’t give up much, it was mostly a salary dump, due to a desperate Bullpen need with the taker. It’s going to be difficult to trade him, and contract guaranteed. Greene has had an up and down career. His guaranteed contract is more affordable, so it’s touch and go on the trade market. I think they keep both on the opening day roster. Martin, O’Day, probably go elsewhere. Although Snit & Kranz like them, the G.M. might have other options of where to spend and who to go after. Hopefully he is not as enamored with Sliderman Nuke, which he has been quiet on-despite Snitker using him frequently.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Jake, I didn’t say that I wouldn’t give Donaldson a multi-year deal. It’s A.A. and his team, including legal counsel making those decisions. Personally, two years would be safe because I don’t think he and his agent will settle for one year this time. It’s a good fit, both parties have a need for each other. We shall see if the exception is made for this player to be in his 30’s and get a multiple. I don’t see Rendon coming here. Riley has options, should he not fit at any of the open positions and then he could go back to AAA.

Melancon is in his 30’s and got a year and this half of a season. Atlanta didn’t give up much, it was mostly a salary dump, due to a desperate Bullpen need with the taker. It’s going to be difficult to trade him, and contract guaranteed. Greene has had an up and down career. His guaranteed contract is more affordable, so it’s touch and go on the trade market. I think they keep both on the opening day roster. Martin, O’Day, probably go elsewhere. Although Snit & Kranz like them, the G.M. might have other options of where to spend and who to go after. Hopefully he is not as enamored with Sliderman Nuke, which he has been quiet on-despite Snitker using him frequently.
I think Sliderman Puke will be pitching for a team like the Reds,Pirates or Blue Jays in 2020:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I look forward to Jacob Webb being healthy.

Flowers is a nice guy. Hometown favorite. My contention is that his bat looks slower, as he has always had a long swing. What hurts our Pitching Staff, is that McCann called a better game. His(Tyler)defense has slipped from average to below-in the last few years. It’s time to part ways.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

Flowers is a nice guy. Hometown favorite. My contention is that his bat looks slower, as he has always had a long swing. What hurts our Pitching Staff, is that McCann called a better game. His(Tyler)defense has slipped from average to below-in the last few years. It’s time to part ways.
This season i got big time anxiety when i knew that Tyler Flowers was catching;)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

I agree Tyler is a good guy, seems like a good clubhouse guy and I think he is well respected among hie peers ... he might be good to keep around in some other capacity, just not on the 25-man active roster.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Flow won’t leave money on the table, believes he still has value. That’s what I’ve heard unofficially. The question is going to be, will Atlanta pay the buyout of 2m. or give out the 6m. for 2020 by exercising the option. It’s a 4m. dollar question of desire. Grandal would cost 4x more than that. He made 16m. in ‘19 and has a 2.5m. buyout for 2020 or another 16m. if Milwaukee picks up the option.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I believe Marty Reed is the BC.
We have about 3 BC catchers, already. Do we need 4? Lol.

I agree, let him test the waters.
I’d like Langliers but he most likely starts at 3A. So either Cervelli or Alex Jackson as a backup backstop. Still need a starter.
Realistically who do you gents. see becoming available?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Would the Pillies deal JT Realmuto or do we wait another year for him to be a FA?
I wouldn’t overpay for him in talent.
We also have William Contreras coming up from Double A, soon.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Willson Contreras has only 2.108 yrs. of service time.
Gary Sanchez isn’t eligible until 2023.

Grandal(detailed, above)and Francisco Cervelli are the only FA available, as of today.
Teams have 5 days after the WS to offer contracts to their own FA’s.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Would the Pillies deal JT Realmuto or do we wait another year for him to be a FA?
I wouldn’t overpay for him in talent.
We also have Contreras coming up from Double A, soon.
Wait for JT. We have a really young core and will be good for years. No need to over pay for a rental, especially to a division rival.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I say we hang onto crazy Francisco, pull up a young guy (Jackson?) and just roll with that. Would that be crazy?
It might be the only sensible choice if we buyout Flow and the market collapses. Although, the only catcher I preferred as a starter, just retired. He was in his 15th year, did the best he could at his age, called a good game.

Do you want Frisco or Jack calling games? That was plural!
Nuke Jack pitching to AJax, the slider will get jacked out:);):(

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It might be the only sensible choice if we buyout Flow and the market collapses. Although, the only catcher I preferred as a starter, just retired. He was in his 15th year, did the best he could at his age, called a good game.

Do you want Frisco or Jack calling games? That was plural!
Nuke Jack pitching to AJax, the slider will get jacked out:);):(

I have resolved to never say Sliderman's name again. I will now only refer to him as _________.

Hey, at least I graduated from S(h)itker to Ms. Management. Progress?