Atlanta Braves News

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Inciarte out for all of playoffs:
Braves outfielder Ender Inciarte seemed close to a return at the tail end of the regular season, but was ruled out of action for the NLDS after reporting continued discomfort when he tried to ramp things up. He had continued working toward a potential return in the event that the club advances, but that effort now seems all but over.

Roster for NLDS:
Right-handed pitchers
Left-handed pitchers
Catchers
Infielders
Outfielders

No Julio, Riley. Looks like Camargo is done from what I heard today. No Culberson or Inciarte for the remainder of all playoffs.

Whaa!? Hope we don't miss Inciarte's D. How does Hamilton's D compare to Ender's? :sneaky:

In all seriousness, I saw him take some curious angles in the outfield a couple times and I know he'll be a late inning replacement for defensive purposes.

Totally not surprised by Riley's omission. ST Park has enough air conditioning, we don't need a windmill standing at home plate to cool things off.

Oh c'mon, you laughed.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hechavarria is the backup 1B.

Expected lineup:
    • 1 - Dexter Fowler (S) OF
    • 2 - Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    • 3 - Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    • 4 - Marcell Ozuna (R) OF
    • 5 - Yadier Molina (R) C
    • 6 - Paul DeJong (R) SS
    • 7 - Tommy Edman (S) 2B/3B
    • 8 - Harrison Bader (R) OF
    • 9- Miles Mikolas(R)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Expected lineup:
  • 1 - Ronald Acuna, Jr. (R) OF
  • 2 - Ozzie Albies (S) 2B
  • 3 - Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
  • 4 - Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
  • 5 - Nick Markakis (L) OF
  • 6 - Matt Joyce (L) OF
  • 7 - Tyler Flowers (R) C
  • 8 - Dansby Swanson (R) SS
  • 9 - Dallas Keuchel (L) SP
I would have thought McCann would catch Keuchel and start vs. an all RHSP team?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Expected lineup:
  • 1 - Ronald Acuna, Jr. (R) OF
  • 2 - Ozzie Albies (S) 2B
  • 3 - Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
  • 4 - Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
  • 5 - Nick Markakis (L) OF
  • 6 - Matt Joyce (L) OF
  • 7 - Tyler Flowers (R) C
  • 8 - Dansby Swanson (R) SS
  • 9 - Dallas Keuchel (L) SP
I would have thought McCann would catch Keuchel and start vs. an all RHSP team?
If Ronald Acuna Jr is playing i think the Braves win the NLDS 3-1 over the Cardinals

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hechavarria is the backup 1B.

Expected lineup:
    • 1 - Dexter Fowler (S) OF
    • 2 - Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    • 3 - Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    • 4 - Marcell Ozuna (R) OF
    • 5 - Yadier Molina (R) C
    • 6 - Paul DeJong (R) SS
    • 7 - Tommy Edman (S) 2B/3B
    • 8 - Harrison Bader (R) OF
    • 9- Miles Mikolas(R)

Good to know about Hech, although baseball-reference.com says he's never played an inning at 1B in either the minors or majors. Hopefully, it's a moot point and the team doesn't get to the point where he's needed there.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Good to know about Hech, although baseball-reference.com says he's never played an inning at 1B in either the minors or majors. Hopefully, it's a moot point and the team doesn't get to the point where he's needed there.
Cervelli has played 1st before.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Cervelli has only appeared in 15 games at 1B, during his entire career.
Adeiny Hechavarria has been working out there this week.
Let’s hope the only way either would play 1B is because we are blowing out the opponent.

I went and looked. Adam Duvall has, by far, the most experience at 1B outside of Freddie (263.1 innings, including 57 in 2018). Not sure why they are plugging in Hech instead of him. If Freddie is out, I'd rather Duvall's bat in the lineup than Hech's, but <shrug>. There's actually a decent number of Braves who have played 1B before in their major league career (at least minimally): McCann (124.1 inn), Cervelli (100 inn), Markakis (47 inn), Flowers (37 inn), and JD (18 inn).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s a Manager who makes the call on who backs up 1B.
Riley was playing there when Freddie was out during September. Don’t recall anyone else. Do you?
The workouts on Mon., Tues., mostly had Freddie....then Hechavarría taking grounders and throws. Wednesday, I have no idea? Heard it was abbreviated.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s a Manager who makes the call on who backs up 1B.
Riley was playing there when Freddie was out during September. Don’t recall anyone else. Do you?
The workouts on Mon., Tues., mostly had Freddie....then Hechavarría taking grounders and throws. Wednesday, I have no idea? Heard it was abbreviated.

Snit has his pulse on the team so I won't second guess it. Just fodder for discussion. Other then Riley (40.2 inn), Culberson (35.1 inn), Cervelli (8.0 inn), and Camargo (1.0) are the only ones to play there this year.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Darren O’Day instead of Swarzak?
That’s what I’m hearing, in correcting pg. 480.
Nothing is totally accurate, until formally turned in this afternoon.
Same as the lineups posted earlier today.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Wish the Bringer of Rain, would spray my car with water. Haven’t had any wet stuff in Metro Atlanta-a few weeks or longer.

To get you fired up:

GT_EE78

Banned
I'd have gone Riley over Ortega or Duvall but understand that O is a lefty and Duvall has been playing better of late,just win and it's all good