Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think the Braves will have a 54-40 record going into the All Star Break. I think the Braves sweep the Blue Jays and win 2 of 3 from the Diamondbacks.
That's what I'm thinking too. I'm also to the point now where I just want us to be 5 games within 1st place heading into September because we play the Phillies and Nats a lot at the end of the year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This is not the Braves' year. Too many youngun's, and not enough pitching. It's sad, as I'd love for Markakis (sp?) and Freeman to get to the post season, but maybe next year....

THWG

Helluva Engineer
This is not the Braves' year. Too many youngun's, and not enough pitching. It's sad, as I'd love for Markakis (sp?) and Freeman to get to the post season, but maybe next year....
I still think that we'll be ok. Just need to get 1 more reliever and add a better bench bat. If we could pull off a trade for a legitimate ace to pair with Folty, then that puts us in serious contention.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Matt Harvey has got his groove back,i wonder what the Reds would want for him?
That's an interesting idea and then add one of their relievers into the deal. The Mets have said that they are going to wait till this offseason to trade either Syndergaard or DeGrom, so the 3 guys that I really want the Braves to look at now are Tyson Ross, Nathan Eovaldi, and my dream pitcher Blake Snell. I don't think that Eovaldi or Ross would cost a ton, but Snell would be 5 prospects.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
That's an interesting idea and then add one of their relievers into the deal. The Mets have said that they are going to wait till this offseason to trade either Syndergaard or DeGrom, so the 3 guys that I really want the Braves to look at now are Tyson Ross, Nathan Eovaldi, and my dream pitcher Blake Snell. I don't think that Eovaldi or Ross would cost a ton, but Snell would be 5 prospects.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 50-39 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 41-48 4th place in the AL East Toronto Blue Jays tonight at 7:35 pm. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 6-6 Julio Teheran and the starting pitcher for the Blue Jays will be 1-6 Marcus Stroman.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see the Braves trade for Matt Harvey of the Reds. Matt is once again starting to pitch like he did with the Mets when they went to the World Series in 2015.

Yeah Mike, I don't want to concede this season just because we are young or its a year early in terms of expectations ... I say go for it to bolster pitching both starting rotation and Bullpen !
We need to pick ground back up in these next two series before the break, going 5-5 against the Cardinals and two of the best teams in baseball at their stadiums is good work !!
The second half in the NL East should be fun with three teams in contention until the end ...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Mike, I don't want to concede this season just because we are young or its a year early in terms of expectations ... I say go for it to bolster pitching both starting rotation and Bullpen !
We need to pick ground back up in these next two series before the break, going 5-5 against the Cardinals and two of the best teams in baseball at their stadiums is good work !!
The second half in the NL East should be fun with three teams in contention until the end ...
I think this Braves team is going to be even better in 2019. I think the Braves will be making moves in the offseason even if they snag a starting pitcher or relief pitcher at the trade deadline.