Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 48-39 1st Place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 53-35 1st Place in the NL Central Milwaukee Brewers today at 4:10 pm on Fox Sports 1. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 3-2 Anibal Sanchez and the starting pitcher for the Brewers will be 8-5 Brent Suter.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I read this morning that the Rockies might be interested in trading Arenado if they fall further back in the west. I would trade for him in a heartbeat. Imagine a 2-3-4-5 of Albies, Freeman, Arenado, and Markakis. As the deadline gets closer, I want the Braves to use their bounty of prospects to either get Arenado or DeGrom. Both are controllable through 2020 and either one makes us a World Series contender for the next few years. Even if it takes 4 or 5 prospects to get one of them, our farm system would still be loaded and probably still be top 5 in baseball. The only guys that are off limits to me are Soroka, Allard/Touisant (I just want to keep 1), Waters, and Wright.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I read this morning that the Rockies might be interested in trading Arenado if they fall further back in the west. I would trade for him in a heartbeat. Imagine a 2-3-4-5 of Albies, Freeman, Arenado, and Markakis. As the deadline gets closer, I want the Braves to use their bounty of prospects to either get Arenado or DeGrom. Both are controllable through 2020 and either one makes us a World Series contender for the next few years. Even if it takes 4 or 5 prospects to get one of them, our farm system would still be loaded and probably still be top 5 in baseball. The only guys that are off limits to me are Soroka, Allard/Touisant (I just want to keep 1), Waters, and Wright.
That sounds like a great trade to me(y) The Braves need pitching help also in the bullpen.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 50-38 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves finish their series with the 53-36 1st place in the NL Central Milwaukee Brewers today at 2:10. The starter for the Braves will be 8-3 Sean Newcomb and the starter for the Brewers will be 5-5 Junior Guerra.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Braves lose 10-3. I know that the trip didn't end that well, but this was by far the toughest stretch of the schedule and at the beginning of the trip, I just wanted us to go 5-5. Well, the Braves did that, so I'm happy. We are also still in 1st place even though the Phillies and Nats hit an easy part in their schedule.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Braves lose 10-3. I know that the trip didn't end that well, but this was by far the toughest stretch of the schedule and at the beginning of the trip, I just wanted us to go 5-5. Well, the Braves did that, so I'm happy. We are also still in 1st place even though the Phillies and Nats hit an easy part in their schedule.
I think the Braves will have a 54-40 record going into the All Star Break. I think the Braves sweep the Blue Jays and win 2 of 3 from the Diamondbacks.