Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The 79-52 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves win 9-5 over the 67-62 3rd place in the NL East New York Mets. The winning pitcher for the Braves is 2-1 Josh Tomlin and the losing pitcher for the Mets is 4-4 Brad Brach. The 79-52 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves lead the 72-57 2nd place in the NL East Washington Nationals by 6 games

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
People; I love Ga Tech! I get a special kind of excitement when we won; especially against a great team! No matter the sport. I have mentioned on this board a couple of times that I recruited for the FB team when fans could. I was an official rec. That was under Bill Curry. My wife and I went to the Edge bld. for a Recruiters party. But I must say that this Braves team meets any of those exciting times with Tech!!! And I had a 1 hr. person to person meeting at the hi sch of my home town. Al ciraldo came for a sit down. We were went to a Kim King party. SO this years Braves team means a WHOLE lot to me!! I have watched all but 2 games!! Thanks to recordings for a few. The players play for each other as deeply as I have EVER witnessed, and that is part of their success, and that makes it a lot of fun for the fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jayparr,
Really appreciate you sharing all of that passion with us. I can tell it means a lot to you, because sports affect us that way. Glad it’s enjoyable for you and I hope they win the W.S. this year. You alone deserve it after that incredible story of comparison with those top moments pulling for Tech. Although, I wish for the entire fan following on here, the same success this October.

I sat between Al, Sr. & Kim King at many Football banquets after the season ended in Aunt Fanny’s Cabin. George “Pongo” Poole would seat me there because I asked on visits during the entire year. It was my highlight of following some dismal teams. This Baseball season is even more thrilling for me. Even with this band aid bottom of the lineup, I felt we were coming back tonight with runs. I’m starting to trust the Bullpen. I promise, I’ve not had a drink of alcohol in 39 years(that ‘pen has made me reach for the Goodies headache pills, though). We care, and that’s why that Marlin game on a Saturday night got to us. If we didn’t care, this wouldn’t feel so great tonight. Thanks again for showing those feelings. You are in good company. Enjoy!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Buzz, thank you a lot for your wonderful reply! It means a whole lot to me! There is a couple of things I want to add to my earlier post. Start off with my sit down with Boss Ross! Now this after fans could rec. But I saw at my hi sch fb game as I was going to to get a coca cola I saw CBR sitting on the first row of the second level of seats. He was with his wife and no one else sitting by them. So I sat down by Bobby. This was after his first season which tech had lost several very close games with mostly hard luck! He also had played some young guys who showed promise. I told him; as I only sat a couple of minutes, Don't give up, keep the guys on a grand scale, and you will turn things around. I do not know if he had already circled I-285 while thinking about giving or not! Now the other thing is on the Braves leadership by a player or 2. Starting this season the Braves did not start off very well. It did not seem like the same players appreciation as there last year. I thought a bit about that. I thought about that there may not be leadership as Chipper Jones used to do. I even as last year was going so well did not believe it. Now over the last 7 games I firmly know that the leadership is not the way captains of teams would lead, but instead it is EVERY PLAYER with the HUGE enthusiasm, excitement, and respect is THE LEADERSHIP FOR THIS GREATLY FUN TEAM TO WATCH with their love for each other. I am honored to be a huge fan of all this great human beings pulling, respecting, and having this load of fun. Thank you again for your very meaningful reply!!!!!

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Freddie continues to be the silent leader of this team (leads by example and rarely argues). Any young player could learn a ton from him. But I really hope we re-sign Donaldson next year. That guy is a pro and plays with a lot of emotion. Waters and Reilly will benefit from playing with/watching him for another year. We really do have a great blend of players right now, and it looks like the new additions have been well accepted too. Just watching Cervelli tonight and the way he managed the game behind the plate and had the support of his teammates was awesome. It didn’t hurt that he crushed it at the dish. The pen is rounding into form too. Like I’ve said before, AA has made some great moves with this lineup. Despite Liberty media, I think we are making a legit shot at winning the whole thing this year.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I think Freddie continues to be the silent leader of this team (leads by example and rarely argues). Any young player could learn a ton from him. But I really hope we re-sign Donaldson next year. That guy is a pro and plays with a lot of emotion. Waters and Reilly will benefit from playing with/watching him for another year. We really do have a great blend of players right now, and it looks like the new additions have been well accepted too. Just watching Cervelli tonight and the way he managed the game behind the plate and had the support of his teammates was awesome. It didn’t hurt that he crushed it at the dish. The pen is rounding into form too. Like I’ve said before, AA has made some great moves with this lineup. Despite Liberty media, I think we are making a legit shot at winning the whole thing this year.
I agree with every statement!!