Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Exciting, real clubhouse celebration(nothing fake or pretentious about these guys):

Cisco didn’t have any of his gear or bats show up. Even his cleats were donated from the Sliderman. Why change shoes today? Those are magical, used to climb tall buildings with and “doubly” good! Hit some more two-baggers today!!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Exciting, real clubhouse celebration(nothing fake or pretentious about these guys):

Cisco didn’t have any of his gear or bats show up. Even his cleats were donated from the Sliderman. Why change shoes today? Those are magical, used to climb tall buildings with and “doubly” good! Hit some more two-baggers today!!

Francisco Cervelli can hit and he has a cannon for an arm:cigar:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Question for all you guys. The roll you're on is pretty incredible. I'm only going by "results" of the Braves games... so, not watching how the team is looking by AB or inning.

I am watching my Nationals that way. They are playing so well. The lineup (top to bottom) is putting together those AB's that torture pitching. Running pitch counts up & simply crushing balls when ahead in count in those advantageous situations. A thing of beauty.

So... my question for you guys who've watched your team maintain it's lead in standings despite all the Nationals have managed to do lately... when will you be comfortable (relatively...not mathematically) the Braves have the division wrapped up?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Question for all you guys. The roll you're on is pretty incredible. I'm only going by "results" of the Braves games... so, not watching how the team is looking by AB or inning.

I am watching my Nationals that way. They are playing so well. The lineup (top to bottom) is putting together those AB's that torture pitching. Running pitch counts up & simply crushing balls when ahead in count in those advantageous situations. A thing of beauty.

So... my question for you guys who've watched your team maintain it's lead in standings despite all the Nationals have managed to do lately... when will you be comfortable (relatively...not mathematically) the Braves have the division wrapped up?
I will be comfortable probably by Mid-September with the way things seem to be going;) I think the Braves can finish 101-61 while the Nationals finish 95-67 and the Mets finish 86-76:cigar:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I will be comfortable probably by Mid-September with the way things seem to be going;) I think the Braves can finish 101-61 while the Nationals finish 95-67 and the Mets finish 86-76:cigar:
If you're correct... that means the Nationals go 76-36 (.678) over final 112 games. Good Lord! ...& then there will be ONE game (wildcard) where all that "success" is on the table. I'm already feeling anxious about that game... going to be brutal come early October.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Please don’t quote me on this or hold my feet to the fire.....there was a year during America’s Team(sorry to upset your brunch, Fred)yearly run, where we won out on the last day of the season with the Giants? Both teams had 100 or more wins in my glorious memory/recollection?

What I’m getting at is that I’m with Mike on the possibility of these final records. The Nats. are at least top 3 in the N.L. Take the start of the season away, best record in MLB. I know, we have to count the entire whole. My point is that this could come down to the final weekend of September. The good teams theoretically dominate the ones not in the race. They play the young kids or guys they need to test for the future. Some of them even go in the tank mentally. Braves, Nationals have way too much chemistry not to excel when the margin is tight like 5 games or less(I’m counting 6.0 at the moment as in that close vicinity). To me this is more enjoyable than the games not mattering very much, like what the Dodgers have. Really appreciate having Fred here and Milwaukee to keep us in check, possibly keeping us more in tune with the squads in his area like Cubs, BrewCrew, et al.

Kirk Mc.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Please don’t quote me on this or hold my feet to the fire.....there was a year during America’s Team(sorry to upset your brunch, Fred)yearly run, where we won out on the last day of the season with the Giants? Both teams had 100 or more wins in my glorious memory/recollection?

What I’m getting at is that I’m with Mike on the possibility of these final records. The Nats. are at least top 3 in the N.L. Take the start of the season away, best record in MLB. I know, we have to count the entire whole. My point is that this could come down to the final weekend of September. The good teams theoretically dominate the ones not in the race. They play the young kids or guys they need to test for the future. Some of them even go in the tank mentally. Braves, Nationals have way too much chemistry not to excel when the margin is tight like 5 games or less(I’m counting 6.0 at the moment as in that close vicinity). To me this is more enjoyable than the games not mattering very much, like what the Dodgers have. Really appreciate having Fred here and Milwaukee to keep us in check, possibly keeping us more in tune with the squads in his area like Cubs, BrewCrew, et al.

Kirk Mc.
1993 then the Braves were out of gas in the NLCS against the Phillies

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If you're correct... that means the Nationals go 76-36 (.678) over final 112 games. Good Lord! ...& then there will be ONE game (wildcard) where all that "success" is on the table. I'm already feeling anxious about that game... going to be brutal come early October.
If you have to endure the WC game, you are in a better place to take it. Hope Scherzer will stay healthy. You’ll still have Strasberg for the opener, followed by Corbin, Sanchez. Should you need a 4 & 5, back to Max & Stephen. Braves would hope Soroka or Keuchel could take a WC match. See what I mean? Not that our 1,2 isn’t good enough, however neither finished last year with our team.