Atlanta Braves News

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
First off, Happy belated Birthday Buzz !
Although I'm not down on Julio, as was said, he has come through for us big time this season, I agree with Mike, it was obvious Julio didn't have it last night pretty much from the opening pitch.
Why Snitker stays with him essentially until the game is out of reach is frustrating ... and for the bozo's in the booth (Chip is a UGAG homer and Frenchy pissed me off with his TE comment the other night) to suggest Snitker was saving the bullpen for the Dodgers series is ridiculous !

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Thank you, Jake and Mike.
I made it to 60, and I’ve got 90 in hopes for the Braves.
Would be great to have back to back seasons of that number(after the lean years at the start of this decade). Will be disappointed if we don’t get to 90. We should!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Two years ago, I kept hearing about how the Braves coaching staff said in unison this guy was our best defender on the field(I have no idea what might be going on now, or if it’s only a mental thing, or the bat is affecting his glove or ?):

• The Braves plan to stick with infielder Johan Camargo despite his considerable struggles at the plate and with the glove, writes Gabe Burns of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Camargo’s playing time has increased with Dansby Swanson shelved, but the 25-year-old has turned in a career-worst .222/.268/.344 batting line through 236 plate appearances this season. And while he’s previously rated as a standout defender at third base and a passable option at shortstop, he’s had some glaring defensive miscues this season (including six errors in 320 total innings of defense after making just 13 in nearly 1100 innings a year ago). Camargo’s hard-hit rate, exit velocity and launch angle have all dipped in 2019 — so much so that Statcast doesn’t feel he’s been the victim of much poor luck. (His .262 wOBA only narrowly trails his .268 xwOBA.) Both manager Brian Snitker and GM Alex Anthopoulos acknowledged the struggles. “I don’t know that anyone knows what the answer is,” said Anthopoulos when discussing the root of Camargo’s struggles.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Games sold-out, standing room only, alumni night, Dodgers in-town ... wish I was there !!
You gotta like the chance of winning at least one of the games Friday or Sunday with Soroka/Fried on the mound, not so much Folty vs. Ryu on Saturday ... but you never know.
Doesn't look like we'll face Kershaw, which is another good thing.
I don't think we are at the same level as the Dodgers (yet), few teams are, but we need to at least win 1/3 ... looking forward to it.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Two years ago, I kept hearing about how the Braves coaching staff said in unison this guy was our best defender on the field(I have no idea what might be going on now, or if it’s only a mental thing, or the bat is affecting his glove or ?):

• The Braves plan to stick with infielder Johan Camargo despite his considerable struggles at the plate and with the glove, writes Gabe Burns of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Camargo’s playing time has increased with Dansby Swanson shelved, but the 25-year-old has turned in a career-worst .222/.268/.344 batting line through 236 plate appearances this season. And while he’s previously rated as a standout defender at third base and a passable option at shortstop, he’s had some glaring defensive miscues this season (including six errors in 320 total innings of defense after making just 13 in nearly 1100 innings a year ago). Camargo’s hard-hit rate, exit velocity and launch angle have all dipped in 2019 — so much so that Statcast doesn’t feel he’s been the victim of much poor luck. (His .262 wOBA only narrowly trails his .268 xwOBA.) Both manager Brian Snitker and GM Alex Anthopoulos acknowledged the struggles. “I don’t know that anyone knows what the answer is,” said Anthopoulos when discussing the root of Camargo’s struggles.
I just don't think Johan Camargo will be on the 2020 Braves. I think he will need a fresh restart somewhere else.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think if the Braves bring their A game winning 2-3 is very possible in this series:cigar:
Do you think LA is a little tired after last night? Fred pointed out how fortunate we are to be missing Clayton Kershaw. Which two games are our best chance? Tonight with Soroka vs. Maeda, Saturday with Folty vs Ryu, Sunday with Fried vs. May?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Do you think LA is a little tired after last night? Fred pointed out how fortunate we are to be missing Clayton Kershaw. Which two games are our best chance? Tonight with Soroka vs. Maeda, Saturday with Folty vs Ryu, Sunday with Fried vs. May?
I think Mike Soroka and Max Fried will win their games while Mike Foltynewicz loses. I think Mike Soroka and Max Fried are superior to their Dodgers counterparts.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I didn’t see your post before I posed those questions, Jake. Great points!
Sounds logical with Friday/Sunday, as best chances. Your right though, with baseball you never know about Saturday and that game. Seems like we’re missing another good one, besides Kershaw?