Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
BTW Mike, your current avatar gives me the creeps ... go back to the Trump avatar, I liked that one much better.
I thought the same thing. Watching the preview of the new “Joker” movie for this Fall with Joaquin Pheonix gives me the absolute creepy willies. As he’s running through a dark alley with a clown face, chasing after some thieves, this thug sticks a metal garbage can lid out and clocks him in the face/head. The camera does a close up and you literally see the stars. The music is Jimmy Durante singing “Smile.”:shifty::)

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I think Folty will actually put in a quality start. Ryu can be vulnerable but this weekend will be a mental battle. We have the talent to beat the Dodgers but it always seems like we have a mental meltdown against them. Fried is our best chance to win with their lefty heavy lineup. Soroka will always be good because of how good he is at limiting HRs. Just hoping for three competitive games that show we can hang with these guys. Getting swept at home won't really help our mindset in a potential NLCS matchup without home field advantage.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
:);):D:p:sneaky::sick::):shifty:
The face on the end is Fred. He’s not laughing, only wondering how the Braves keep missing the staff aces. Trails by 5 1/2 games off the lead. Cheer up F.J., we gave you a little extra space with those ‘Mazing Mets!
Well played.... :)
Reports from DC. Scherzer threw a simulated start (2+ innings ~30 pitches) this week. He says he's ready. Management says they'll decide when he goes. He could be back as early as this weekend.

Of interest to you guys.... when he does return, they will work backwards from him starting in wildcard game (so Gm 162 +1) AND the 5-day/rotation pattern should mean he gets starts in both remaining Atlanta series.

Also... it's still uphill for Nationals to sniff division title. Remaining schedule is relatively tough. Majority of opponents are >.500 teams.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Well played.... :)
Reports from DC. Scherzer threw a simulated start (2+ innings ~30 pitches) this week. He says he's ready. Management says they'll decide when he goes. He could be back as early as this weekend.

Of interest to you guys.... when he does return, they will work backwards from him starting in wildcard game (so Gm 162 +1) AND the 5-day/rotation pattern should mean he gets starts in both remaining Atlanta series.

Also... it's still uphill for Nationals to sniff division title. Remaining schedule is relatively tough. Majority of opponents are >.500 teams.
I think the Braves win the NL East with 98 wins while i think the Nationals get the 1st Wildcard position with 88 wins.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
.204 hitter w/ Mets this season in 142 AB’s, 5 HR & 18 RBI’s. Known for his defense, lifetime .252 hitter since he broke in to MLB at 23 yo:
The Braves are slated to make a few notable roster tweaks, according to MLB.com’s Mark Bowman (via Twitter). The club will ink shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, who was recently released by the Mets, as had been suggested earlier today.

Also joining the active roster will be righty Bryse Wilson. To create roster space, the organization has optioned utilityman Johan Camargo and outfielder Adam Duvall.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think Folty will actually put in a quality start. Ryu can be vulnerable but this weekend will be a mental battle. We have the talent to beat the Dodgers but it always seems like we have a mental meltdown against them. Fried is our best chance to win with their lefty heavy lineup. Soroka will always be good because of how good he is at limiting HRs. Just hoping for three competitive games that show we can hang with these guys. Getting swept at home won't really help our mindset in a potential NLCS matchup without home field advantage.
Good post. I wish we had Keuchel going this weekend. On the other hand, a fly ball pitcher like Tehran wouldn’t have probably fared well:
https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/julio-teheran-player-matchups

Cubs have big lefty hitters too!

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m thinking the moves Atlanta made today are temporary with the extra pitcher. Might be awaiting an OF to be placed on waivers, & the 10 days to go by before making a claim(like we avoided $ with Hechavarria).

We have 3 LH hitting OF guys: Inciarte, Joyce, Ortega on the 25 man.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Would you want Bryse Wilson to close games, with his 98mph fastball?
His splits through 08-15-19:
Split G PA AB H 2B 3B HR BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS BAbip
vs RHB 24 284 262 65 15 1 8 15 68 .248 .291 .405 .695 .302
vs LHB 24 253 228 64 11 3 7 20 54 .281 .339 .447 .786 .337