Atlanta Braves News

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'll start with the positive, another quality start by our starting rotation.
After that = scary, as I watched the 9th inning unfold I thought no way not again and ended up with a headache !
If Swanson is out long-term, we are in big trouble ...
I still believe we win the NL East, but with Swanson and Markakis out and a shaky (at best) bullpen, I'm not really sure how far we can go.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Have to think positive, getting those guys Jake mentioned back on the field. I’d like to have Riley back soon, and keep Joyce as rosters expand on 09/01. Webb is MY closer, however not sure if Snit. knows yet. So we need Jacob back no matter the role. Call me silly for wanting Camcargo every day in the lineup. Wanting Austin Riley in there too. Darren O’Day? I’ll take whatever he can give(promise you I don’t drink and have not had any), whether they make an insurance claim on him or pay him the full 9m. for September. We need help. The tail end of the lineup, the bullpen.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Have to think positive, getting those guys Jake mentioned back on the field. I’d like to have Riley back soon, and keep Joyce as rosters expand on 09/01. Webb is MY closer, however not sure if Snit. knows yet. So we need Jacob back no matter the role. Call me silly for wanting Camcargo every day in the lineup. Wanting Austin Riley in there too. Darren O’Day? I’ll take whatever he can give(promise you I don’t drink and have not had any), whether they make an insurance claim on him or pay him the full 9m. for September. We need help. The tail end of the lineup, the bullpen.

OK ... You are silly (sic).

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's the 2019 MLB TV announcing team ratings
After that = scary, as I watched the 9th inning unfold I thought no way not again and ended up with a headache !
I still believe we win the NL East, but with Swanson and Markakis out and a shaky (at best) bullpen, I'm not really sure how far we can go.
I still see the Braves winning 98 games,beating the Cubs in the NLDS and losing to the Dodgers in the NLCS.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Greene looked .... ok last night. Maybe even looked good.

There. I said it.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Decided to look at the NL playoff "contenders" and their records against each other. Did this mainly because I had a "feeling" the Nationals have been beating up on the lower end of the NL & not yet showing they can win enough against the teams they actually will likely play in the post-season. On the surface, it appears my concerns are legit.

You can argue over where I drew the line on "contenders"... pretty arbitrary, really. FWIW, the next 2 teams in the standings are Arizona and San Fran. Adding them will only make the Dodgers look that much more unbeatable....so, I think it is good I stopped there. The other way of looking at that is the Dodgers have not had to play the upper half of the NL as much as the rest of this list... so perhaps their overall winning percentage is a bit inflated when comparing to these contenders.
20190815_105024.jpg