Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
All I know is I keep hearing about all this young pitching talent the Braves have, yet when they actually, ya know, pitch...they suck.

Is it horrid coaching?
I think it takes time. Not that I have anything to support how many have come up and never gone back down? Fernando Valenzuela? Gaylord Perry? or at least stayed up in MLB to take their lumps. The Braves are a first place club, they can’t afford to give guys like a Frank LaCorte chance after chance, this year. Think of Sandy Koufax, wasn’t he like 28 yo when he blossomed?

I see Wilson, Touki, Wright, all becoming big leaguers. Maybe #3 or 4 or 5 starters.

Hiring Reggie Smith(longtime Fried family friend, say that 10 times)has made a difference for Fried.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I think it takes time. Not that I have anything to support how many have come up and never gone back down? Fernando Valenzuela? Gaylord Perry? or at least stayed up in MLB to take their lumps. The Braves are a first place club, they can’t afford to give guys like a Frank LaCorte chance after chance, this year. Think of Sandy Koufax, wasn’t he like 28 yo when he blossomed?

I see Wilson, Touki, Wright, all becoming big leaguers. Maybe #3 or 4 or 5 starters.
Do you think Austin Riley will wind up back in Gwinnett?:cigar: He's as cold as an ice cube right now.:(

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Do you think Austin Riley will wind up back in Gwinnett?:cigar: He's as cold as an ice cube right now.:(
You know as well as I that he hit like 30 + HR’s in less than 3 months between Gwinnett and MLB. He had to level off and the opponents had to prepare for his presence in the lineup. I think they will send him down in August if he keeps taking O’fers from the eight spot. He had 2 hits Friday hitting seventh. I’d like to see him hit between Marky and Ozzie. He needs some protection, to get pitches to hit. More discipline needed too!

What’s saving him is he is still around .250 like Donaldson is, and all the others are higher than that. We can’t afford Ender below the Mendoza line with no power, a virtual pinch runner on a squad that wants 13 pitchers. If he hits 4 or 5 homers this week, he’s right back up to sixth in the order. Albies has been leaving men on as we’ve lost 4 of the last five.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's the Braves lineup for tonight's series finale against the Nationals

Ronald Acuna Jr LF
Dansby Swanson SS
Freddie Freeman 1B
Josh Donaldson 3B
Nick Markakis RF
Ozzie Albies 2B
Brian McCann C
Ender Inciarte CF
Kevin Gausman P