Atlanta Braves News

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Wright doesn’t even get thru 3 innings. These spot starts for guys from Gwinnett is not a recipe for success. Has it been mentioned that the Braves still need starting pitching? I’m gonna go ahead and assume this game is a L.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So uhm, we gon' get some pitchin' or what?

Is Inciarte out there to show teams he's healthy/trade-able?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Wright doesn’t even get thru 3 innings. These spot starts for guys from Gwinnett is not a recipe for success. Has it been mentioned that the Braves still need starting pitching? I’m gonna go ahead and assume this game is a L.
Not only have we mentioned it with the guys available being speculated, I’ve gone out on a limb and suggested two starters and a closer. We have three guys we can count on, with two of them never having pitched 150 innings in a season. Atlanta almost has to keep free agent to be Tehran, as a fourth guy right now!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Not only have we mentioned it with the guys available being speculated, I’ve gone out on a limb and suggested two starters and a closer. We have three guys we can count on, with two of them never having pitched 150 innings in a season. Atlanta almost has to keep free agent to be Tehran, as a fourth guy right now!
It wouldn't shock me if the Braves were swept in this series:(

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me the free agent market (as of today) is a "sellers" market. In the NL... every team except the Marlins are within 5 games of the wildcard. The AL is different...but that still has to mean fewer teams selling... more teams buying. All the sellers know this & can take advantage. You're going to have to give up something to get something of value.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It wouldn't shock me if the Braves were swept in this series:(
It would shock me for sure. Here's my prediction... the Nats will win tonight. Buuuuut... once Strasburg is replaced... the Braves will score a few runs & that can get them a little momentum headed into tomorrow. Losing like this is way easier for pros to put aside than blowing one late. IMO. After tonight... it's a 3 game weekend home series for Braves. I would be quite shocked if they lose them all? That would also be 6 L's in a row. I doubt that's happened all season. What is Braves longest losing streak? I'm guessing 4 games max.

Also... Nats got to hotel last night after 4am. "THEY" say it's the next next game (so tomorrow in this case) where that shows. Advantage Braves tomorrow.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me the free agent market (as of today) is a "sellers" market. In the NL... every team except the Marlins are within 5 games of the wildcard. The AL is different...but that still has to mean fewer teams selling... more teams buying. All the sellers know this & can take advantage. You're going to have to give up something to get something of value.
If they have to give up a lot of minor league talent Liberty will do nothing or they will go extremely cheap when and if they do trade:rolleyes:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
5-6 Julio Teheran starts for the 58-40 NL East leading Atlanta Braves in the 2nd game of the 4 game series tonight while the 2nd place in the 51-44 NL East Washington Nationals start 7-5 Patrick Corbin. First pitch for game two of the Braves-Nationals series is 7:20 pm.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Starting pitcher Philip Pfeifer had an incredible start for the Florida Fire Frogs against the Palm Beach Cardinals. He pitched 8 innings gave up 3 hits,gave up 0 earned runs had 0 walks and struck out 17 :wideyed: The Florida Fire Frogs beat the Palm Beach Cardinals 4-2:cigar: