Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The 58-38 NL East leading Atlanta Braves are going for a series win today and start 3-2 Dallas Keuchel today against the 2nd Place in the NL Central Milwaukee Brewers who will start 4-2 Chase Anderson. The 58-38 NL East Leading Atlanta Braves lead the 2nd place in the NL East 50-43 Washington Nationals by 6.5 games.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Thought you MLB fans might want to know.....talked this morning with a friend who works with the Braves...being told teams that are selling are trying to bundle or “package” players together. Bumgarner & Smith, Stroman & Giles, et al.

I’m wondering since there is only one trading deadline left for this season, if teams will try to bundle a veteran or player with a large contract they want to unload with another one in demand? Sort of what Atlanta did to get a pitcher to help last year from Baltimore, and they had us take O’Day.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Thought you MLB fans might want to know.....talked this morning with a friend who works with the Braves...being told teams that are selling are trying to bundle or “package” players together. Bumgarner & Smith, Stroman & Giles, et al.

I’m wondering since there is only one trading deadline left for this season, if teams will try to bundle a veteran or player with a large contract they want to unload with another one in demand? Sort of what Atlanta did to get a pitcher to help last year from Baltimore, and they had us take O’Day.
If i were the Braves i would include Bryce Wilson in whatever package deal the Braves offer for a starting pitcher,reliever or closer. Bryce Wilson has shown me nothing in his two starts with the Braves and his last start with the Gwinnett Stripers.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If i were the Braves i would include Bryce Wilson in whatever package deal the Braves offer for a starting pitcher,reliever or closer. Bryce Wilson has shown me nothing in his two starts with the Braves and his last start with the Gwinnett Stripers.
I want to keep him. He’s so young compared to guys like Maddux, Seaver, Koufax, Glavine, Smoltz(as they all struggled). July 3rd he only gave the Phillies 2 runs in 6 innings, in a quality start. I’m sure he’s going to be inconsistent at 21 y.o.

Remember not long ago, the Fish wanted Soroka & Riley plus another prospect for JT Realmuto.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I want to keep him. He’s so young compared to guys like Maddux, Seaver, Koufax, Glavine, Smoltz(as they all struggled). July 3rd he only gave the Phillies 2 runs in 6 innings, in a quality start. I’m sure he’s going to be inconsistent at 21 y.o.

Remember not long ago, the Fish wanted Soroka & Riley plus another prospect for JT Realmuto.
That's a very good point you make,Buzzbomb(y) I shouldn't be too down on Bryce Wilson,yet, because Tom Glavine was 7-17 on the 1988 Braves and Greg Maddux was 6-14 for the 1987 Cubs:cigar: Catfish Hunter also had a rough start to his career;)

1966 8-8
1967 9-11
1968 13-13
1969 12-15

Last edited:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
1B Bryce Ball is knocking the cover off of the ball for the Danville Braves. Bryce Ball was 1-2 with a homerun and he had 2 bases on balls along with 2 RBIs last night in a 7-1 win over the Burlington Royals. For the season he's hitting .349 with 9 homeruns and has 27 RBIs along with a slugging percentage of .768 which is 100 points higher than anyone else in the Appalachian League.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Mike, do you know what the Braves stats are with RISP lately, seems the bats have really leveled off ??
This is not Mike, it’s Kirk/Buzzbomb.....
Jake and friends, this is about all I could find on RLISP:
https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/runners-left-in-scoring-position-per-game

Ranked #13, around the middle almost of all the MLB teams. It does breakdown the games to an extent. It appeared to me, that we were struggling with RISP-particularly Riley. Of course his average dropped a lot, which it most likely had to. What goes sky high, eventually has to flatline. Sort of like the market in theory. Lol!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yeah thats for sure!(y)At least Jacob Webb will be back to the Braves soon and Huascar Ynoa can go back to Gwinnett:cool:
It was good news. Also, Fried is going back to the electro-laser on that finger, which has always given him grief. I’m glad the blister didn’t open up, they were/are being precautionary.

O.K., now you folks can eat your lunch. End of my medical conference.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m sure Bryse who took Fried’s roster spot will be sent down, since we will need a starter for Saturday.

If Grant Dayton isn’t coming back up, trade him or Blevins, if they can yield something. I’m o.k. with trading Kolby Allard if we have to trade a big chip. Only because I see him taking a little longer than our other prospects. Wouldn’t get much for Gohara. He’s not active.