Atlanta Braves News

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Aren’t the Nats leading for the 1st Wild Card?
Rizzo has reportedly stated that he’s shopping for relievers, but not the big names.
Yes. Nats are in top WC spot (by +2.0 games). That's good. It would just be nice to win division & not count on the 1 & done WC scenario...but that's better than not playing past Gm162.

Rizzo's GMing priorities have always been:
1) Starting pitching
2) Solid, well-rounded lineup: Good mix of Power, Speed, Defense, mix of L & R bats
...& Tied for last
A) Manager
B) Bullpen...he feels he can do short term stuff to get pieces in place for success.

I like Rizzo a lot. I do not think you'll see any big "splash" trade for Nats. Simply does not appear to have anything great to offer. But Rizzo has surprised in the past... so, we'll see.

My biggest concern right now is Rendon. Need to get a deal done for him long term. The longer this goes... the more of a distraction it "could" become. For now... everything seems to be fine. But most fans were fine with Harper getting away via free agency (for many reasons). But the unspoken "however" was that can't/won't happen with Rendon. Same agent (Boras) as Harper. :)

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Nats are in top WC spot (by +2.0 games). That's good. It would just be nice to win division & not count on the 1 & done WC scenario...but that's better than not playing past Gm162.

Rizzo's GMing priorities have always been:
1) Starting pitching
2) Solid, well-rounded lineup: Good mix of Power, Speed, Defense, mix of L & R bats
...& Tied for last
A) Manager
B) Bullpen...he feels he can do short term stuff to get pieces in place for success.

I like Rizzo a lot. I do not think you'll see any big "splash" trade for Nats. Simply does not appear to have anything great to offer. But Rizzo has surprised in the past... so, we'll see.

My biggest concern right now is Rendon. Need to get a deal done for him long term. The longer this goes... the more of a distraction it "could" become. For now... everything seems to be fine. But most fans were fine with Harper getting away via free agency (for many reasons). But the unspoken "however" was that can't/won't happen with Rendon. Same agent (Boras) as Harper. :)
A poster on the Washington Nationals Fan Forum message board said while he was on a train a Phillies fan told him that he wished that the Phillies could trade Bryce Harper back to the Nationals:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Last night the Phillies were booed off the field in the 4th inning after giving up 6 runs to the Dodgers not realizing there were 3 outs:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious: Phillies Manager Gabe Kapler is finished in Philadelphia:cool::D

This just makes me worry about my Nats. How did they not sweep the Phillies?

The Nats just (finally) sorted out, officially, their rotation. Made the correct decision to push Strasburg back a day & go with 2 "5th starters" in a row (Voth & Fedde) in Baltimore tonight & tomorrow. Means Braves will get the top 4 of Strasburg, Corbin, Scherzer, Sanchez. [the order could end Sanchez then Scherzer...we'll see]

NATS have to win both games v Baltimore. Would help if they win by a lot & not have to tax those top bullpen arms. They should score...barring career outings from O's pitching staff; but need to limit O's runs...or we have problems.

Edit... I like Nats "DH lineup"...but I don't like DH, as a thing. ;)

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
This just makes me worry about my Nats. How did they not sweep the Phillies?

The Nats just (finally) sorted out, officially, their rotation. Made the correct decision to push Strasburg back a day & go with 2 "5th starters" in a row (Voth & Fedde) in Baltimore tonight & tomorrow. Means Braves will get the top 4 of Strasburg, Corbin, Scherzer, Sanchez. [the order could end Sanchez then Scherzer...we'll see]

NATS have to win both games v Baltimore. Would help if they win by a lot & not have to tax those top bullpen arms. They should score...barring career outings from O's pitching staff; but need to limit O's runs...or we have problems.

Edit... I like Nats "DH lineup"...but I don't like DH, as a thing. ;)
The Nationals will have no problem sweeping the Orioles:cigar: That's a tough as hell pitching lineup for the Nationals by the way:wideyed:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’d like to get Jake Diekman as a set-up LHP from the Royals for a lower level prospect. Of course we have Grant Dayton at Gwinnett.

Rumors: Ian Kennedy to Nats. and Cincy. going after Inciarte, although they have enough OF’ers for this year. An investment for next year? He does have 3 gold gloves.
Braves can’t send him down, since he has 5 years of service. Definitely selling low on.