Atlanta Braves News

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
This is not Mike, it’s Kirk/Buzzbomb.....
Jake and friends, this is about all I could find on RLISP:
https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/runners-left-in-scoring-position-per-game

Ranked #13, around the middle almost of all the MLB teams. It does breakdown the games to an extent. It appeared to me, that we were struggling with RISP-particularly Riley. Of course his average dropped a lot, which it most likely had to. What goes sky high, eventually has to flatline. Sort of like the market in theory. Lol!

Buzz, Thanks for doing that. The numbers look low to me, Last 1 = 3, Last 3 = 2.67 ??? ... I must be watching through a haze, last night I would have guessed double that number ...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Buzz, Thanks for doing that. The numbers look low to me, Last 1 = 3, Last 3 = 2.67 ??? ... I must be watching through a haze, last night I would have guessed double that number ...
I’m with you. When I look at Gameday, which isolates each box score into separate categories of the breakdown-Atlanta has many LOB. So they don’t count the guys left on first, which we seem to have on most innings.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Please feel free to add or subtract from these lists:

Surprises-
Soroka, Riley(two reasons not to trade youth); Keuchel(worth the 13m. as he mentors the young arms; his acquisition surprised me bringing the budget to 131m.); Fried(keep Reggie Smith on the payroll, anywhere in the system); Bullpen since we moved from .500 to 20 games over(they aren’t perfect, but better than most). Swanson. Joyce, as a PH.

Best moves-
Acuna back to leadoff, Donaldson from #2 to cleanup(on pace for 30).

Steady and always Ready-
Freddy; Markakis; McCann.

Disappointments-
Folty(after 13 wins, and the starter in the playoffs-to resident head case). Inciarte(before the injury, not much to see; rehab.: still not much to see).
Gausman, with only two pitches-can only get one over the plate and the opponents sit dead red on it.

On the way-
Christian Pache, now blistering 2A, he will be here next year.
Ian Anderson, most likely will be pushing Soroka for #1 at some point in 2020.

Milwaukee

Banned
Snapchat-812568216.jpg

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Please feel free to add or subtract from these lists:

Surprises-
Soroka, Riley(two reasons not to trade youth); Keuchel(worth the 13m. as he mentors the young arms; his acquisition surprised me bringing the budget to 131m.); Fried(keep Reggie Smith on the payroll, anywhere in the system); Bullpen since we moved from .500 to 20 games over(they aren’t perfect, but better than most). Swanson. Joyce, as a PH.

Best moves-
Acuna back to leadoff, Donaldson from #2 to cleanup(on pace for 30).

Steady and always Ready-
Freddy; Markakis; McCann.

Disappointments-
Folty(after 13 wins, and the starter in the playoffs-to resident head case). Inciarte(before the injury, not much to see; rehab.: still not much to see).
Gausman, with only two pitches-can only get one over the plate and the opponents sit dead red on it.

On the way-
Christian Pache, now blistering 2A, he will be here next year.
Ian Anderson, most likely will be pushing Soroka for #1 at some point in 2020.
I'm not sold on Tyler Flowers as the future catcher for the Braves. What would you do if Brian McCann retires after the Season? Would you stick with Tyler Flowers,bring up Raffy Lopez or Jonathan Morales from Gwinnett or would you trade for another catcher? I think i would trade in the offseason for a catcher if i were the Braves in that situation.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I'm not sold on Tyler Flowers as the future catcher for the Braves. What would you do if Brian McCann retires after the Season? Would you stick with Tyler Flowers,bring up Raffy Lopez or Jonathan Morales from Gwinnett or would you trade for another catcher? I think i would trade in the offseason for a catcher if i were the Braves in that situation.
I’m not sold on him, and we have Tyler for another year. If McCann retires, we might have to keep him. Contreras so far has taken a step back with the bat, even though they moved him up in June. Shea Langliers(sp.) has looked good thus far. He might be on the fast track. Your guy, James McCann is on the trade table this week. Do you have room for him, at this point? Can we move Flowers?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Keuchel has struck out the reigning MVP, Christian Yelich, twice already today.
The one hit given up was a long one.
Bats need to get out of the firewood pile. Not you, Acuna.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sold on him, and we have Tyler for another year. If McCann retires, we might have to keep him. Contreras so far has taken a step back with the bat, even though they moved him up in June. Shea Langliers(sp.) has looked good thus far. He might be on the fast track. Your guy, James McCann is on the trade table this week. Do you have room for him, at this point? Can we move Flowers?
I wouldn't mind the Braves trading for James McCann at all but you have to ask yourself this concerning him. Do you think the strong season he has had will be a sign of things to come or is he a one hit wonder that will fall back to being an average catcher at best?

James McCann stats prior to 2019

2018 .220 batting average with Detroit
2017 .253 batting average with Detroit
2016 .221 batting average with Detroit
2015 .264 batting average with Detroit
2014 .250 batting average with Detroit