Atlanta Braves News

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
A 2 run lead with a runner on base in this park is much more comfortable than it is at a place like Cincinnati. Preferably we get some insurance here, but if Viz comes in and puts a runner on, it doesn’t make me as nervous as it does in a smaller park

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
A 2 run lead with a runner on base in this park is much more comfortable than it is at a place like Cincinnati. Preferably we get some insurance here, but if Viz comes in and puts a runner on, it doesn’t make me as nervous as it does in a smaller park
This Marlins team looks to me like a team that will lose 100 games or more this season. Derek Jeter destroyed that team by trading Giancarlo Stanton to his friends the Yankees.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree, it’s hard to overcome trading away 4 all stars and losing Fernandez to the boating accident. Fredi González can’t seem to get away from rebuilds. Boom! There’s our insurance. Might see Viz anyway to get him some work tonight.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I agree, it’s hard to overcome trading away 4 all stars and losing Fernandez to the boating accident. Fredi González can’t seem to get away from rebuilds. Boom! There’s our insurance. Might see Viz anyway to get him some work tonight.
I think Fredi becomes interim Manager when Don Mattingly is fired later on in the season as Manager of the Marlins

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Ender is a hell of a player. I'm glad he's signed to a long term deal. Now we just need to wrap up Albies.
I had this discussion with someone the other day. I feel good about us locking up albies and acuna. Surely Liberty media will pony up and keep these franchise players, which is what I think both of them will be. The past few 5 years or so are starting to pay off and I love it. This team is exciting to watch again.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Snit is the right guy at the right time imo. Been around the franchise forever and has been around young guys in the minors. Even tho he’s not a young guy, he seems to relate to the team and has pulled all the right strings so far. I loved Bobby, but he had great players. Fredi was in the Bobby mold and it didn’t work because the payers weren’t the same caliber. Snit has a team now that can run, play small ball, and play for the big inning and he has managed it well.

As a side note, I’m glad soroka didn’t take the L tonight. Tough for him to have to leave the game when he did, but it’ll be a good learning experience in the long run. Without the error, he probably goes 6 tonight and is in line for the win.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Snit is the right guy at the right time imo. Been around the franchise forever and has been around young guys in the minors. Even tho he’s not a young guy, he seems to relate to the team and has pulled all the right strings so far. I loved Bobby, but he had great players. Fredi was in the Bobby mold and it didn’t work because the payers weren’t the same caliber. Snit has a team now that can run, play small ball, and play for the big inning and he has managed it well.

As a side note, I’m glad soroka didn’t take the L tonight. Tough for him to have to leave the game when he did, but it’ll be a good learning experience in the long run. Without the error, he probably goes 6 tonight and is in line for the win.
Yeah the Braves need to be patient with Siroka like they were with Tom Glavine in the late 1980s.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 23-15 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves finish their series with the 14-25 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins Sunday at 1:10 pm. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 3-1 Sean Newcomb and the starting pitcher for the Marlins will be 0-5 Jose Urena.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 24-15 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 21-15 3rd place in the NL Central Chicago Cubs in Chicago tomorrow at 2:20 pm. The starting pitcher for the Braves is 3-1 Julio Teheran and the starting pitcher for the Cubs is 4-2 Jose Quintana.