Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Folty pitched well for Gwinnett, next Tuesday he’s going up to 100 pitches. What a shot in the arm he would interject through the rotation with Gausman, Fried and Tehran going good. Newk a #5!

Guess Shane Carle had options. Anyone even like Luke Jackson? O’Day makes 9 m. this year. Rest of the bullpen, 8.8 m.

With the ninth pick, I’d take JJ Beday from Vandy this June. Has found his pop, good OF, speed, great contact. Take the hurlers later on, for a change. Who is your pick, if they are still available?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Folty pitched well for Gwinnett, next Tuesday he’s going up to 100 pitches. What a shot in the arm he would interject through the rotation with Gausman, Fried and Tehran going good. Newk a #5!

Guess Shane Carle had options. Anyone even like Luke Jackson? O’Day makes 9 m. this year. Rest of the bullpen, 8.8 m.

With the ninth pick, I’d take JJ Beday from Vandy this June. Has found his pop, good OF, speed, great contact. Take the hurlers later on, for a change. Who is your pick, if they are still available?
I would go with the Oregon State catcher if he is still available, but I doubt that he will be.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

The announcers on TV said they thought that Shane Carle would be called up again later in the season

GT_EE78

Banned
Nuke'em deserved the win today going 7 with only two walks and two runs allowed. Bullpen still sux.
Freddie had to show em the easy way to score by bouncing it off ptchers glove to first, catcher interference to second, passed ball to third and trotting home while the fish tried a two man outfield. Braves won 4-3. swanson had the RBI

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Newk had that bad second inning with the two walks.
Fish are pathetic. Might sound greedy, but we should have swept that team.

Bullpen is our Achilles heal.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hello Guys; Wanted to get your opinion on a topic near and dear to our hearts. Scott Boras calls them “snuff contracts.” Which Ronald Acuna recently signed. How do you feel about them?

Here is my take. Prefaced by, I do believe in capitalism to an extent. Don’t blame Boras for getting his clientele what the market dictates. Not against the spend thrift owners or the tight profit-minded ones like a Liberty Media type(still think it’s better for baseball to have ownership groups such as Glavine and Friends), which have puppeteers running them and watching the safe such as Terry McGuirk. Acuna did well in my opinion. He doubled his salary this year, immediately. If he gets hurt, he is set for life with a 100 m. $ contract. Technically he is an unknown, since he hasn’t played 162 games total, yet. Doesn’t have 30 HR’s or 75 RBI’s. Lifetime average is under .300. Do we think he will achieve more than those numbers? Absolutely. However, I’ve learned a deep lesson in my 60 years of life. Tomorrow is not promised. Take the security, if you think it’s reasonably enough to do want you want financially to reach your goals. Your turn(s)?

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I would have thought (and hope) that the Ownership realizes by now that the bullpen is by far our achilles heal ... and does SOMETHING about it !!
That being said great homestand especially after the season start in Philly.
Starting pitching with a combine 1.29 ERA over the last 6 games.
Dansby Swanson leading the team with 3 dingers.
Coming back in the ninth yesterday after Viz gave up the homer was huge !! ... on to Colorado.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Might have to take my nickname for Luke Jackson and amend it. No longer the gas can. Just “gas.” He struck out the side in the 7th inning tonight. Max Fried might need to audition for the next “A Star is Born,” if he keeps this up.

Swanson hitting .333 with 15 RBI’s, 1217 ops. Admittedly, I was wrong about his bat coming into this year. Always respected his glove.