Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Braves win 1-0 over the Devil Rays. The winning pitcher for the Braves is Sean Newcomb 3-1 and the losing pitcher for the Devil Rays is Blake Snell 4-2. The Braves record now is 20-14 1st place in the NL East 1/2 game ahead of the 20-15 Phillies.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'll take it but ... Viscaiano makes me VERY nervous !
One managerial observation, I think it was the 6th inning ... we are in a pitching duel in a 1-0 game and my leadoff batter hits a triple.
The next batter up is the top of the order and my fastest runner on the team ...
IMO, 1 run is like 10 runs at this point in the game and I manufacture a run with a squeeze play and not try for the big inning.
And, in addition my team has not been hitting well over the last couple of games and we are trying to end a 3-game losing streak.
I know Snitker is a players manager which (I think) is good, but I'm still on the fence with this guy ???

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'll take it but ... Viscaiano makes me VERY nervous !
One managerial observation, I think it was the 6th inning ... we are in a pitching duel in a 1-0 game and my leadoff batter hits a triple.
The next batter up is the top of the order and my fastest runner on the team ...
IMO, 1 run is like 10 runs at this point in the game and I manufacture a run with a squeeze play and not try for the big inning.
And, in addition my team has not been hitting well over the last couple of games and we are trying to end a 3-game losing streak.
I know Snitker is a players manager which (I think) is good, but I'm still on the fence with this guy ???
I like this team however i'm not sold on Snitker. I would love to have former Yankees manager Joe Girardi manage the Braves.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 1st place in the NL East 20-14 Atlanta Braves play the 5th place in the AL East 15-18 Tampa Bay Devil Rays at 7:10 pm tonight. The starting pitcher for the Braves is 2-1 Julio Teheran and the starting pitcher for the Devil Rays is 2-1 Ryan Yarbrough