Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
2019 free agents i like by position who would be cool for the Braves to look at.

Catcher: Yasmani Grandal Dodgers,Wilson Ramos Phillies,Kurt Suzuki Braves and AJ Ellis Padres

1st Base: Joe Mauer Twins,Matt Adams Cardinals and Lucas Duda Braves

2nd Base: Jed Lowrie A's,Daniel Descalso Diamondbacks and Logan Forsythe Twins

Shortstop: Manny Machado Orioles,Jose Iglesias Tigers,Freddy Galvis Padres and Adeiny Hechavarria Mets

3rd Base: Mark Reynolds Nationals,Pablo Sandoval Giants and Ryan Flaherty Braves

RF: Andrew McCutcheon Giants,Carlos Gonzales Rockies and John Jay Diamondbacks

CF: Bryce Harper Nationals,Brandon Barnes Indians and Leonys Martin Indians

LF: Melky Cabrera Indians,Michael Brantley Indians and Marwin Gonzales Astros

Starting Pitchers: Matt Harvey Reds,Nathan Eovaldi Red Sox and Adam Wainwright Cardinals

Closers: Jeurys Familia A's,Craig Kimbrel Red Sox and Sergio Romo Devil Rays.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
2019 free agents i like by position who would be cool for the Braves to look at.

Catcher: Yasmani Grandal Dodgers,Wilson Ramos Phillies,Kurt Suzuki Braves and AJ Ellis Padres

Shortstop: Manny Machado Orioles,Jose Iglesias Tigers,Freddy Galvis Padres and Adeiny Hechavarria Mets

3rd Base: Mark Reynolds Nationals,Pablo Sandoval Giants and Ryan Flaherty Braves

Starting Pitchers: Matt Harvey Reds,Nathan Eovaldi Red Sox and Adam Wainwright Cardinals

Honestly the only position players on this list that I consider notable upgrades are Harper and Machado. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing Kimbrel back and talking to Harvey. I am scared Wainwright is about to enter the time in his career where one injury could end it. Evoldi I just don't trust him LOL!!!!

THWG

Helluva Engineer

I would love to bring back Duda, sign Descalso to pair with Culberson as super utility players and add Reynolds as the RH bench bat. At catcher, I would love to get Realmuto, but I don't know how realistic that is. So give me Suzuki, Wieters, or Grandal. In the pen, give me Familia or Kimbrel and we probably need to add 1 more. I think the rotation will be pretty good next year at Folty, Gausman, Soroka, Newcomb. I'm guessing we'll try to trade Tehran and then add an ace to pair with Folty. We also need to resign Markakis and if we can't, then we need to trade for or sign a big OF (Mitch Haniger would be my #1)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I would love to bring back Duda, sign Descalso to pair with Culberson as super utility players and add Reynolds as the RH bench bat. At catcher, I would love to get Realmuto, but I don't know how realistic that is. So give me Suzuki, Wieters, or Grandal. In the pen, give me Familia or Kimbrel and we probably need to add 1 more. I think the rotation will be pretty good next year at Folty, Gausman, Soroka, Newcomb. I'm guessing we'll try to trade Tehran and then add an ace to pair with Folty. We also need to resign Markakis and if we can't, then we need to trade for or sign a big OF (Mitch Haniger would be my #1)
Andrew McCutcheon would be a nice player to get if the Braves don't try to get Bryce Harper

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves sticking with Sanchez vs. Nola, this Sunday afternoon.
Mets series is now totally unannounced. Hoping we go with Wright, Wilson, Allard....then Touki to start at Philadelphia. Those last two Philly games are when the starting lineup should return for the majority of the game(s)to tune up. My pitchers would be Newcomb, Tehran.

Playoff vs. West winner: Folty, Gausman, Sanchez and TBA.

Starting lineup: Acuna, Inciarte, Freeman, Markakis, Camargo, Suzuki, Albies, Swanson, Pitcher.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Braves sticking with Sanchez vs. Nola, this Sunday afternoon.
Mets series is now totally unannounced. Hoping we go with Wright, Wilson, Allard....then Touki to start at Philadelphia. Those last two Philly games are when the starting lineup should return for the majority of the game(s)to tune up. My pitchers would be Newcomb, Tehran.

Playoff vs. West winner: Folty, Gausman, Sanchez and TBA.

Starting lineup: Acuna, Inciarte, Freeman, Markakis, Camargo, Suzuki, Albies, Swanson, Pitcher.
Projects FiveThirtyEight.com is projecting that the Braves will finish the 2018 regular season 91-71. I think the Braves have a chance to finish 93-69.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-mlb-predictions/

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves can still finish with the best record in the N.L., although the Cubs will be playing their regulars with only a 2 1/2 game lead on the Cardinals. Winning 3 out of the seven puts us at 90 wins, which was my goal at the All-Star break. I thought it would take the Division. The Nats. are only a half game back of second. I had them penciled in right behind us, back at that point of the year. Beginning of the campaign, I had us third behind Nats. and Mets. Man, was I off base. Pleasantly speaking.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Lane Adams trying to make that 25th spot on postseason roster. We are going to need Duvall.
Nice to see Max Fried out there. Hopefully, gas can bullpen-idis won’t curse him today.