Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Here was my rationale, although not to disagree with you on the ineptness of Duvall...He is a better defender and much more versatile than Adams. Not that the Braves didn’t overpay for him in trade value. Maybe playing more consistently helps young players? He can play all four corners of the field, possibly catcher. That’s five.

Duda is my third string catcher and backup at first base, although a primary pinch-hitter.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think you are right about the Giants, lack of offense in particular. Although, we will get out bats tested today with the impending FA, The Dutch Oven, twirling today. A good lefty who changes speeds, nice location and seasoned.

Snitker said Folty was so on with his 75 pitches for strikes, that he could have gone to 160. Hope he didn’t mean that literally. Isn’t that what happened to Tony Cloninger?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think you are right about the Giants, lack of offense in particular. Although, we will get out bats tested today with the impending FA, The Dutch Oven, twirling today. A good lefty who changes speeds, nice location and seasoned.

Snitker said Folty was so on with his 75 pitches for strikes, that he could have gone to 160. Hope he didn’t mean that literally. Isn’t that what happened to Tony Cloninger?
The biggest things i remember that Tony Cloninger did was hit two grand slam homers in a game against the Giants on July 3rd 1966 in Candlestick Park.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think it wasn’t that game, instead like a 13 inning, 2-1 pitchers duel, where he went the distance. Never the same after that. I went to a game towards the end, when he got shelled at home.