Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Folty almost had the shutout, 4-1 Braves win. 108 pitches, complete game(bullpen did have to get up and throw), 7 strikeouts. Clocked several heaters at 98 mph.

Hopefully, they rest Camargo today, after Culberson ended his 0-13 with 2 hits.
Since Aug. 12, Camargo ranks 1st among Braves hitters in doubles, 2nd in hits, homers, RBI and 3rd in runs, batting average, on-base percentage and slugging rate.

Anibal Sánchez opposes Derek Holland, this afternoon. Sánchez had 19 swinging strikes in his 81 pitches last time out.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Been looking for the “blown holds” total, if any of you gents can find it for us? Total holds are 77.
The Braves “blown saves” is at 20 total. Minter is 14-16, Vizcaino is 15-17 in save opportunities. Team is 36 out of 56. Bullpen worries me, way more than any defensive lapses.

75 quality starts out of 145.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Correction for me: 7 games left with the Phillies. Let’s win a minimum of 6, which equals 12 as the magic number by itself.

My early playoff roster(what do you say?):
Suzuki, Flowers, Duda, Freeman, Albies, Swanson, Camargo, Culberson, Duvall, Acuna, Inciarte, Markakis, Flaherty(only if we keep 13 position players).
Folty, Newk., Sánchez, Gausman, Tehran, Minter, Vizcaino, Venters, Brach, Winkler, Biddle, Carle, Sobotka(if we carry 13 pitchers).

Lane Adams, Sam Freeman, Luke Jackson, are my final cuts.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Correction for me: 7 games left with the Phillies. Let’s win a minimum of 6, which equals 12 as the magic number by itself.

Suzuki, Flowers, Duda, Freeman, Albies, Swanson, Camargo, Culberson, Duvall, Acuna, Inciarte, Markakis, Flaherty(only if we keep 13 position players).
Folty, Newk., Sánchez, Gausman, Tehran, Minter, Vizcaino, Venters, Brach, Winkler, Biddle, Carle, Sobotka(if we carry 13 pitchers).

I agree with your picks(y);)

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer

I'd rather have Adams than Duvall. At least Adams can run. Duvall has been a complete waste. Duvall has been with the Braves since the beginning of August and has 4 total hits. Not a single extra base hit or RBI.