Assistant Coaching changes in the off season ?

Animal02

Banned
The bigger question would be who the heck would be incompetently stupid enough to step into an OC situation such as you describe, without negotiating some very expensive buyout terms that probably outweigh any benefits of the new hire, no matter who it is?
Anybody smart enough would want the money up front.......forget any frikkin buyout. :confused:

Milwaukee

Banned
The fact that this thread even exists is mind boggling. To give ANYONE less than 3 years in a new environment is asinine regardless of the outcome. In our case four years is likely the minimum before significant results are produced given the offense we are coming from.
E5FA189E-9515-4972-9328-2CFD4075DE90.gif

Animal02

Banned
The fact that this thread even exists is mind boggling. To give ANYONE less than 3 years in a new environment is asinine regardless of the outcome. In our case four years is likely the minimum before significant results are produced given the offense we are coming from.
Lets just extend Collins contract to 14 years....maybe that will give him enough time. :rolleyes:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
It wouldn't surprise me if something is done with P'nut that coach CBK be promoted to co head coach/OC.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Well, considering Pnode makes position coach money as is, you could make him just QB coach and Key the OC. I would hate, hate that. I want Key laser focused on the Oline. But I think there are no changes, like I said.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Honest question for you. You’ve been consistent in saying we need to execute better and that the scheme isn’t the problem. That said, we are witnessing an historically bad offense for Tech. Do you honestly put no blame on the OC? Do you think no matter who the OC was we’d be this bad?

I’m not saying you’re wrong necessarily, I just find it hard to believe that there’s no one that could have us better than 125th is total offense and 123rd in scoring offense. I mean can we crack the top 100 at least?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have a real question reading the recruiting stuff I see players name the coach recruiting them and I see all the coaches names and maybe I just missed it but does P'nut did any recruiting and id so which players.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I have a real question reading the recruiting stuff I see players name the coach recruiting them and I see all the coaches names and maybe I just missed it but does P'nut did any recruiting and id so which players.

Fair question. I dont see him listed as lead recruiter for any of our commits, and he isn't front and center in any of the recruiting social media I see. I am sure he is involved with recruiting on the offensive side, though. Interestingly, Coach Dixon is our leading recruiter on 247 right now.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Fair question. I dont see him listed as lead recruiter for any of our commits, and he isn't front and center in any of the recruiting social media I see. I am sure he is involved with recruiting on the offensive side, though. Interestingly, Coach Dixon is our leading recruiter on 247 right now.
Is there a place to see it ?

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
So I know you said not to read too much into this ;

So I have a question do you just not like all 5 plays or the order he calls them ?
Honest question for you. You’ve been consistent in saying we need to execute better and that the scheme isn’t the problem. That said, we are witnessing an historically bad offense for Tech. Do you honestly put no blame on the OC? Do you think no matter who the OC was we’d be this bad?

I’m not saying you’re wrong necessarily, I just find it hard to believe that there’s no one that could have us better than 125th is total offense and 123rd in scoring offense. I mean can we crack the top 100 at least?
My point exactly !!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
As most of us know , Head Coaches are more like CEOs now. Collins appears to be a "loyalty" type guy.
By that I mean, he will give an Assistant a lot of rope until he just has to be let go.
Does anyone think Collins will make changes in the staff after this year ?
And if so, who ?

He shares that characteristic with Coach Johnson, loyal to a fault but I would rather have that than some guy whose answer to every challenge and set back is to toss assistants under the bus. Of course, sometimes they have a good reason to do so. I don't know that we as fans can really know enough about the situation. Unfortunately, a lot of people are screaming for Coach P's head. Maybe he deserves the criticism, or maybe not. I would bet that Coach Collins, given his past history, will stand "pat", an unfortunate choice of words.

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
As most of us know , Head Coaches are more like CEOs now. Collins appears to be a "loyalty" type guy.
By that I mean, he will give an Assistant a lot of rope until he just has to be let go.
Does anyone think Collins will make changes in the staff after this year ?
And if so, who ?

Coach Putrid is a terrible OC. Horrible play calling throughout the entire season