1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Assistant Coaching changes in the off season ?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Jacket in Dairyland, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Jacket in Dairyland

Jacket in Dairyland Helluva Engineer

As most of us know , Head Coaches are more like CEOs now. Collins appears to be a "loyalty" type guy.
    By that I mean, he will give an Assistant a lot of rope until he just has to be let go.
    Does anyone think Collins will make changes in the staff after this year ?
    And if so, who ?

2. gt02

gt02 Helluva Engineer

Too early. And even if it wasn’t too early, I doubt we see any big changes. If he does, it will be an indictment on him. We have been hearing since he started that this was the most massive transformation in history. If he goes and makes a coaching change seems to suggest there were other issues.

3. SteamWhistle

SteamWhistle Helluva Engineer

Wish He would send Pat packing and bring in Gus after he’s fired for Associate HC and OC.

4. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

Unless one of them wants to go they will be here. Wish P'nut would go before he takes CGC down with him.

Jacketman, okiemon, dmel25 and 4 others like this.
  5. wvGT11

wvGT11 Helluva Engineer

Coach P would be the only one I can see , but then again two things
    1) Year one with an under developed o line , coach talked a while back about how as the offense develops the more plays they can introduce , especially the qb position
    2 ) Collins and P'nut have a long history similar to one of cpjs early d coordinators . Will Collins be able to cut ties due to long history will.be interesting to see

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6. TampaGT

TampaGT Helluva Engineer

I don’t think anyone will be fired. His excuse about the transformation for this horrible season will also apply for assistants. Plus it will be admitting that he made a mistake and that this season could have been better. Somebody may take another job but nobody will get fired

danny daniel likes this.
  7. gt02

gt02 Helluva Engineer

It’s an interesting question though. CGC seems like he could be a great CEO type if he can get the great assistants.

iceeater1969 likes this.
  8. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

9. swarmer

swarmer Helluva Engineer

No coaching changes unless someone leaves on their own accord. Would be a total over reaction.

10. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

I would love to see Coach Collins make a change at offensive coordinator

11. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Would be funny if all us experts want to get rid of someone (especially after ONE season) and that coach turns out to be one of the best recruiters we have.

12. bmeGT

bmeGT Helluva Engineer

The fact that this thread even exists is mind boggling. To give ANYONE less than 3 years in a new environment is asinine regardless of the outcome. In our case four years is likely the minimum before significant results are produced given the offense we are coming from.

yrp, Boss Ross, gtpi and 4 others like this.
  13. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

Too bad GT can't have an extra assistant coach who is just a recruiting coordinator;)

14. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

I would like to know which CGC thinks is the best recruiters . But I sure he would say all of them.

YellowJacketFan2018 likes this.
  15. FrostedOrange

FrostedOrange Helluva Engineer

This question is silly, if a coordinator was fired at this point you might as well fire Collins and TS too because that would mean a fundamental error has been made. Everyone needs to chill with the apocalypse talk

16. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

Tashard Choice is also listed as recruiting coordinator. not sure if others only have one person as a recruiting coordinator I know Clemson does not .

17. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer

Isnt Coach Key already Associate HC? I'd love for Gus to come here but no way he'd accept anything less than HC

Heisman's Ghost likes this.
  18. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

I had this in the post about the turf guess it could go here and just replace the name and rewrite the words

gte447f likes this.
  19. TaxJacket

TaxJacket Helluva Engineer

I know they'd cost way too much but I'd love to see Taggart or Morris come on as OC

20. Yoda

Yoda Helluva Engineer

Brett Lashlee