Ask a Gopher fan

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to the Minnesota program and the fans who represented them on this board. They beat our butts fair and square. Made us look like a lower level team.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Two words...Robb Smith...former Defensive Coordinator.

Totally discombobulated what today's evidence might suggest as a more than competent Defense. We lost to Illinois...I don't think there's a comparable for the ACC. It was BAD.

Coach Fleck had to fire a professional friend. Not easy but obviously the right move.

On the other side of the ball we were actually scoring some points, mainly because for the first time in forever we have more than two competent receivers. Bateman came forward today since Johnson was so well covered. This is new for us.

Finally, Mo Ibrahim was our third string RB coming into the season. He is a true freshman. He is also a beast that got more beastly as the season progressed. Unfortunately for Tech he peaked for the season today...good for us and not so good for you.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Two words...Robb Smith...former Defensive Coordinator.

Totally discombobulated what today's evidence might suggest as a more than competent Defense. We lost to Illinois...I don't think there's a comparable for the ACC. It was BAD.

Coach Fleck had to fire a professional friend. Not easy but obviously the right move.

On the other side of the ball we were actually scoring some points, mainly because for the first time in forever we have more than two competent receivers. Bateman came forward today since Johnson was so well covered. This is new for us.

Finally, Mo Ibrahim was our third string RB coming into the season. He is a true freshman. He is also a beast that got more beastly as the season progressed. Unfortunately for Tech he peaked for the season today...good for us and not so good for you.
Ibrahim is a beast. Looked damn good today.

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
After the way UGA dominated us, this lesser domination did not surprise me in the least. Against UGA we could have been shut out after that kick return, UGA eased off the gas. We barely got positive yardage and couldn't stop them at all.

It's clear, we're a below average ACC team and it is a top-heavy conference.

That said, while I was all for hiring Coach Johnson, it was VERY obvious a change was/is needed. Tired of getting man-handled in big games much more often than we compete or win. Hopefully we'll get some better sized recruits and still maintain solid speed...add in good coaching (we hope) and maybe we'll actually scare UGA and other teams in a season or two.

Hopeful, but was growing tired of the "this will probably go badly" feeling. I want to wake up on Saturdays thinking, man, we're gonna smoke another overrated top 20 team today. That will feel nice.

Don't flame me GT fans, I am just being blunt and honest, not Kool-Aid silly.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
After the way UGA dominated us, this lesser domination did not surprise me in the least. Against UGA we could have been shut out after that kick return, UGA eased off the gas. We barely got positive yardage and couldn't stop them at all.

It's clear, we're a below average ACC team and it is a top-heavy conference.

That said, while I was all for hiring Coach Johnson, it was VERY obvious a change was/is needed. Tired of getting man-handled in big games much more often than we compete or win. Hopefully we'll get some better sized recruits and still maintain solid speed...add in good coaching (we hope) and maybe we'll actually scare UGA and other teams in a season or two.

Hopeful, but was growing tired of the "this will probably go badly" feeling. I want to wake up on Saturdays thinking, man, we're gonna smoke another overrated top 20 team today. That will feel nice.

Don't flame me GT fans, I am just being blunt and honest, not Kool-Aid silly.
You nailed it ! Best post I've read in a while. I am so ready to move on.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We have two injured seniors that are also beasts...both ironically from Georgia named Smith and Brooks...that benefitted from the redshirt rule...and are coming back next year.

They are arguably better than Ibrahim. Nice problem to have...
We didn't play nowhere near what we are capable of but y'all would've still won this game if we did.

Y'all have a very bright future. May not have the big brand name like OSU or Mich but they better be ready for a hard hit to the mouth when playing y'all.

The Freshman Rb was impressive. Very hard runner with good enough speed. OL big and physical. Defense very well disciplined and physical.

Great game to you guys, pulling for y'all to win the B10 next year.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
We didn't play nowhere near what we are capable of but y'all would've still won this game if we did.

Y'all have a very bright future. May not have the big brand name like OSU or Mich but they better be ready for a hard hit to the mouth when playing y'all.

The Freshman Rb was impressive. Very hard runner with good enough speed. OL big and physical. Defense very well disciplined and physical.

Great game to you guys, pulling for y'all to win the B10 next year.

Thanks GTT88. We did play tOSU hard this season where ESPN's online recap reads: "No. 3 Ohio State holds off persistent Minnesota 30-14. Dwayne Haskins threw for 412 yards and three touchdowns as No. 3 Ohio State held off persistent Minnesota to win 30-14 Saturday in a game where little went well for the Buckeyes beyond their passing game."

After last night's game the most interesting stats are Ibrahim-23 carries-157 yds-2 TDs versus Weber-13 carries-51 yds-zero TDs. So, we're trying to take it to the helmet schools in the Big 10. Appreciate your words and support.