Ask a Gopher fan

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Fortunately for you, you're putting men on the field and not rodents. We won't be putting insects out on the field, so it should be a fair fight.

Well...Minnesota has a top-notch bioengineering program with ties to UM Athletics. Here's a picture of our freshman RB Mo Ibrahim on a play...

upload_2018-12-20_12-17-52.png

Of course he had to sit out one play because he lost his helmet. To bulk up the rodent-side of the genome, they incorporated some capybara DNA too...
Carol-Capybara.jpg

Just wouldn't want any surprises on gameday...

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Hoping for a repeat of the last time a team that called Georgia Tech's football stadium home played a team that called Minnesota's football stadium home:

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
For BilldGopher -- you guys still use the "Gopher I" formation on offense? (Tech fans, it's the old "Maryland I" / stack-I / "Capital I" formation, QB under center and three RBs lined up behind the QB.)

Other than Urban Meyer rarely using it in goal line situations in recent years, it's a forgotten gem of a formation.

https://247sports.com/college/minne...views-what-exactly-is-this-Maryland-I-143853/
Short answer is "no." Fleck's QBs are in the shotgun even under short yardage situations where most other teams would have the QB under center. Previous regimes...both Mason and Kill...employed this formation. Not saying it hasn't happened but much less the last couple of years. Maybe some other MN fan lurking can come out with something more precise...

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Short answer is "no." Fleck's QBs are in the shotgun even under short yardage situations where most other teams would have the QB under center. Previous regimes...both Mason and Kill...employed this formation. Not saying it hasn't happened but much less the last couple of years. Maybe some other MN fan lurking can come out with something more precise...
Good game Bildgopher. Thanks for all your posts!

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Good game gopher fans. The ones who have posted have been some of the most informative/nicest posters to stop by.

I'm going to be sick to my stomach for about a month. Getting beaten in each phase of the game hurts a lot.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Well...Minnesota has a top-notch bioengineering program with ties to UM Athletics. Here's a picture of our freshman RB Mo Ibrahim on a play...

View attachment 4805

Of course he had to sit out one play because he lost his helmet. To bulk up the rodent-side of the genome, they incorporated some capybara DNA too...
Carol-Capybara.jpg

Just wouldn't want any surprises on gameday...
Congrats Bill it seemed like Minnesota wanted this game more than GT did(y)

GophFaninFL

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm quite shocked this game wasn't closer. The one thing that stood out for me was the lack of size compared to Minnesota. Great athletes but D2, D3 small. I hope Collins gets some young men who at least have frames to add bulk and muscle without sacrificing athleticism. Get back to having C Johnson type athletes.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm quite shocked this game wasn't closer. The one thing that stood out for me was the lack of size compared to Minnesota. Great athletes but D2, D3 small. I hope Collins gets some young men who at least have frames to add bulk and muscle without sacrificing athleticism. Get back to having C Johnson type athletes.
Good luck to the Gophers in 2019(y)

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the props. This is why they play the game.

Really enjoyed the banter with you guys. First class posters on a first class site. I'll probably just lurk every now and then but may pop up from time to time.

Now that we've met on the field for the first time means we'll all want a second. Let's make the next one for the National Championship...or at least somewhere it's warm and not the day after Christmas...

Good luck from here. Collins looks like the right guy at the right time.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the props. This is why they play the game.

Really enjoyed the banter with you guys. First class posters on a first class site. I'll probably just lurk every now and then but may pop up from time to time.

Now that we've met on the field for the first time means we'll all want a second. Let's make the next one for the National Championship...or at least somewhere it's warm and not the day after Christmas...

Good luck from here. Collins looks like the right guy at the right time.
I hope the Gophers go to the BIG 10 Championship Game in 2019 PJ Flick is the head coach to get you there(y)