Ask a Gopher fan

danwatch

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm in a very small group (presumably) with a family rivalry between Minnesota and Georgia Tech. My late father, who was a St. Paul native, graduated from Minnesota in the 1930's. He used to tell me that he actually knew Bronko Nagurski personally. When I looked it up years later, it turns out he did attend Minnesota the same time as my Dad. Very surprising to me that the two teams, both of which were one time powerhouses, have never played each other. Minnesota can be an interesting team to watch, and I think the game may turn out to be very entertaining. I have a small bet going with my cousin, another Minnesota grad, on this one.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm in a very small group (presumably) with a family rivalry between Minnesota and Georgia Tech. My late father, who was a St. Paul native, graduated from Minnesota in the 1930's. He used to tell me that he actually knew Bronko Nagurski personally. When I looked it up years later, it turns out he did attend Minnesota the same time as my Dad. Very surprising to me that the two teams, both of which were one time powerhouses, have never played each other. Minnesota can be an interesting team to watch, and I think the game may turn out to be very entertaining. I have a small bet going with my cousin, another Minnesota grad, on this one.

Quality first post. Welcome to the forum.

Fran Tarkenton was a bulldwag who took the NFL Minnesota to four superbowls, iirc. Perhaps that's enough reason for us to just hate the NCAA Minnesota.

Animal02

Banned
Tech has not played the B10 much at all IIRC...MSU I think 3 times, Mich once, Ohio State never.....a lot had to due with segregation imposed on the school by the state.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Tech has not played the B10 much at all IIRC...MSU I think 3 times, Mich once, Ohio State never.....a lot had to due with segregation imposed on the school by the state.
Bowling Green this year was the first time we ever played a team from the entire state of Ohio and they have 8 FBS teams. No home and homes with a B1G members since the early 70s. Almost all our games against current Big 10 teams happened against Maryland and Penn State when they weren't part of the conference (and 2 more against Rutgers + Nebraska combined). So 30/43 games against current Big 10 teams were when they weren't Big 10 members

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
GT Fans will hate Nebraska even more after next season when Dedrick Mills will be eligible to play for the Cornhuskers.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We also don't like Wisconsin because they stole our Heisman so maybe we can bond over that
There was only 1 clear Heisman candidate based on the criteria & that was Lil’ Joe.

GT Fans will hate Nebraska even more after next season when Dedrick Mills will be eligible to play for the Cornhuskers.
We don’t have rules that other schools use to keep their players eligible. Why would we hate Nebraska for that?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GopherGuy

Georgia Tech Fan

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
The Gophers are technically 13-Lined Ground Squirrels but whose counting...?

Thirteen-Lined.jpg

Pretty fearsome?...Not really...but hey, it's who we are...

Last edited: