Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if/when pitino will be arrested. If they can show he was directing the payment as I have heard alleged, then it should be coming.

Is it illegal according to the law? from what I am gathering from Ron John it only violates NCAA rules not actual laws. I may have that wrong though. I fade a bit when reading those long posts.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
If they have arrested others and can show him as part of the plan, then I would suspect he will be charged. I haven't read the indictment and likely won't. I like to watch, but don't want to invest too much time and energy.. plus it seems like work

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If he can be proven to be involved then Pitino certainly could be charged. The University is actually the victim in this incident and they would be signing false affidavits to the Government over the eligibility of students to receive federal student aid that the student is not actually eligible for.

On another note. Good read with Evan Daniels, Brian Snow and Josh Gershon on how this scandal may impact college basketball recruiting. Short term - going to be alot of coaches much more cautious and staying within the NCAA rulebook as getting a show cause penalty is a very different thing than spending time in a jail cell. Long term, as long as sports exist and score is kept, people will try to cheat to get an edge.

https://scout.com/college/basketbal...ange-recruiting-in-college-basketba-108134005

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
UNC and Duke may yet become entangled in this but part of me thinks it may be other college coaches engaging in wishful thinking.
Who knows - we'll see. I will be keeping an eye open for it though.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC and Duke may yet become entangled in this but part of me thinks it may be other college coaches engaging in wishful thinking.
Who knows - we'll see. I will be keeping an eye open for it though.

That could be. The person who told me isn’t the originator of the info. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I’m hearing that investigations into Duke and Kentucky will be announced either today or Monday. I don’t have any other details.

There have been "whispers" around about the Duke program for a while now. Duke use to recruit a specific type of SA, whether it was because of choice or they were forced to, who knows. Then, seemingly overnight, they started loading up on 5 stars one and dones. Quite the change in philosophy and type of kids Duke use to recruit. I posted a link earlier in the thread about a poll coaches voted on about who they thought were the "honest" coaches in the sport was, then commented that the names not on there are more surprising then the names that are on there. Well, here we are.

Kentucky...I think we all started looking that way when the FBI investigation was announced.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
There have been "whispers" around about the Duke program for a while now. Duke use to recruit a specific type of SA, whether it was because of choice or they were forced to, who knows. Then, seemingly overnight, they started loading up on 5 stars one and dones. Quite the change in philosophy and type of kids Duke use to recruit. I posted a link earlier in the thread about a poll coaches voted on about who they thought were the "honest" coaches in the sport was, then commented that the names not on there are more surprising then the names that are on there. Well, here we are.

Kentucky...I think we all started looking that way when the FBI investigation was announced.

I fully agree with everything you just said. That change in type of player recruited was strange.