Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This is just the beginning. Bama doesn't just come in and steal a 5 star from the blue bloods bc of their hoops history or being in Tuscaloosa. Miss State is also on the list and I think several coaches and players are sweating bullets.

Ben Howland doesn’t sweat. He just gets more angry

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!

So the witness that broke the whole -- paid players to sign - so it is fraud against the university for some reason or another scandal -- Is a financial advisor who actually stole money from his clients? He will get off easy on actual theft and lying to the SEC about it because he told the FBI that some other people did shady things that I still can't understand what the law broken is?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So the witness that broke the whole -- paid players to sign - so it is fraud against the university for some reason or another scandal -- Is a financial advisor who actually stole money from his clients? He will get off easy on actual theft and lying to the SEC about it because he told the FBI that some other people did shady things that I still can't understand what the law broken is?

Just think of it as 'bribery'. Bribery be bad.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

It's like this...

Phase 1 - Identify any type of shady **** in college basketball that doesn't necessarily break the law.
Phase 2 -
Phase 3 - Law broken because every college takes federal money because student loans, pell grants, etc.

Unreal.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Just think of it as 'bribery'. Bribery be bad.

The federal legal definition of bribery is something like payment to a public official to commit fraud against the United States or to violate their official duties. None of the kids paid were public officials. Some of the coaches were paid to steer kids toward financial planners. If that was done in the business world, it would be called a finder's fee. Bribes did take place, but no legally defined illegal bribe took place. The feds are mixing words and innuendo to make things look like a crime.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It's like this...

Phase 1 - Identify any type of shady **** in college basketball that doesn't necessarily break the law.
Phase 2 -
Phase 3 - Law broken because every college takes federal money because student loans, pell grants, etc.

Unreal.

Actually the only thing in the indictment is Phase 1. I didn't see anything in the indictment about federal monies.

BUT, they are going to let one guy get off easy who ACTUALLY STOLE MONEY and lied to the SEC about it.