Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The federal legal definition of bribery is something like payment to a public official to commit fraud against the United States or to violate their official duties. None of the kids paid were public officials. Some of the coaches were paid to steer kids toward financial planners. If that was done in the business world, it would be called a finder's fee. Bribes did take place, but no legally defined illegal bribe took place. The feds are mixing words and innuendo to make things look like a crime.

I mean, I don't have any answer for you. I wouldn't put anything past the federal government. I read all this stuff and decided, "Hm, is this potentially good for GT?" The answer is a tentative 'yes' so I'm just going along with it. Sue me. Wait, you said you're a lawyer right? Don't sue me, bro.

Meanwhile, as if the NCAA didn't have enough problems ...

Dirty a** mofo.

Also, if anyone thinks Tricky Ricky won't coach again, think about this .. Dave freaking Bliss has a head coaching job. Oh and he still insists Patrick Dennehy got the money from dealing drugs.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Actually the only thing in the indictment is Phase 1. I didn't see anything in the indictment about federal monies.

BUT, they are going to let one guy get off easy who ACTUALLY STOLE MONEY and lied to the SEC about it.
I thought that was the entire reason they had any case. Institutions receiving federal money were defrauded (despite possibly being complicit), therefore it's a crime.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I thought that was the entire reason they had any case. Institutions receiving federal money were defrauded (despite possibly being complicit), therefore it's a crime.

The only indictment that I read was Gatto's. It didn't state anything about federal money. It said that he defrauded the university because he caused them to pay for a scholarship to a player that he knew was ineligible.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Also, how is @Peacone36 talking about Baylor here & there, but conveniently not mentioning Rick $tan$bury.

On the NBC CBT podcast, they hinted at him in a hilarious manner.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I know. You forgot to mention that Howland is gonna be in deep **** right next to Pearl.

Meanwhile, there's no way Andy Kennedy isn't clean with the recruits he gets.

You don’t think so? I’d be willing to bet Kennedy isn’t implicated.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Just how many shoes are gonna drop b4 this scandal ends?.....bahdahbam.....sometimes i can't resist a cheesy line.

What was the name of that ahole UNC alum NCAA investigator that hammered us in the baybay investigation? Can't express how much I'd like to see that dude's name come up in this, some how, some way.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Just how many shoes are gonna drop b4 this scandal ends?.....bahdahbam.....sometimes i can't resist a cheesy line.

What was the name of that ahole UNC alum NCAA investigator that hammered us in the baybay investigation? Can't express how much I'd like to see that dude's name come up in this, some how, some way.

Gawd...could the NCAA be complicit in getting players paid?