Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hey they hit us & none of our current players were involved. Paying Smith per rules should be way more egregious than a strip club visit. Remove our remaining restrictions then I'll feel more sympathetic toward State. Otherwise, give them a post season ban + scholarship & recruiting limits.

I get your viewpoint and don't really disagree with it, but State fans definitely feel like they will get screwed after watching UNC.

So they will be the second school to go through the new independent infractions committee (Memphis is the first and requested to go through it). The potential upside is that it is not NCAA investigators acting as prosecutor and jury. But the potential negative is there is no appeals, so if you don't like your outcome you have no recourse (not that the NCAA has ever been quick or magnanimous in changing initial decisions).

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It's amazing how it use to be whispered on messageboards that Duke was less than clean, and now everyone openly jokes about how dirty they are.

It was pretty obvious what happened when Capel arrived. I don't really follow recruiting but even I noticed.

As I've said for years, free doesn't win a bidding war. It is kind of obvious which guys are in a bidding war.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like very little of this would actually benefit a program like GT though. Or am I missing something?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

slugboy

Staff member
What will this mean? They skate?

Level 1 is the most serious, and Level 2 is next. If everything has mitigating aspects, they could avoid a post season ban. A level 1 violation usually carries a 1-2 season post season ban. A level 2 violation could carry a postseason ban.

They could skate, but the odds look to be against it.

Penalties add up. If you had mitigating circumstances for the most serious violation but the more minor ones had aggravating factors, you could end up with serious penalties anyway.

This doc is all charts and tables, and explains some of how we got a postseason ban (I believe we were a more minor violation, but “aggravated”):
https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Att2_Penalty+Guideline+Matrix+(Version+6)_101212.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk