Arkansas

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
So the dude misses a 3 so bad that it ricocheted at just the right angle to go in ... and we prance around the court like we meant to do that?

Friggin clown a** lucky shot.
When he took the shot I thought no way it was going in and thought we had won the game for a mili second.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GTFLETCH

Banned
Fire Josh Pastner send him to his BFF Ron Bell... Bobblehead Bobinski made a poor hire it is time to admit that and find out next Head Coach!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Major pushoff on that buzzer beater. Should have been an offensive foul.
I thought that too and his hand was certainly extended but he broke our guys' ankles unfortunately. Very little contact. On a similar note though both Georgia and Arkansas were flopping like a bunch of soccer players against us. I seem to remember it last year when early in the year we fouled everyone then got into ACC play and seemed afraid to put a hand on anyone while getting manhandled by the other team.

Also not sure when the last game we have won with Teddy V. His continual ability to make the game about himself is ridiculous.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Arkansas looked much quicker than us, causing lots of turnovers. James did not play like himself, very tentative, maybe still recovering from the flu. When Jose' does not play, it seems like we do not have any identity on offense. With Jose' out, Banks not playing well, and Devoe not shooting well, we still could have and should have won it. I still have high hopes for this season.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Motion in OT - what? Why no movement to creat action? Stand and dribble?
Banks Hands - please let home work with FB receivers on the throwing machine. PLEASE SQUEEZE THE BAL ON THE CATCH. His a strong young man, but he has hands of a grade schooler at times. He needs Jose’s anger.
Smart decisions- watching BYU toy with athletes from UCLA. How does every BYU player seem to make right pass, right cut, can hit deeps 3s, hit every FT. I’m sure they have NO top 150 players but they are superior as a team in almost every skill. Number 30 on BYU has Bernie Sanders hairline and he is destroying Bruins with fundamentals.
Curse - just feels like voodoo doll program at times.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
well, I'm late to the party, but it looks like it has been a pity party.

Here is my perspective: We are all tired of losing--Losing in football and losing in basketball (there is a cumulative effect). Being a GT fan takes lots of patience, and many of us are short on it.

We can always say....well, with Jose it would have been different. And that's true, but its on Pastner to build a team with some depth so that we don't have a "razor thin margin" EVERY YEAR! The biggest failure of this team is the recruiting failures over the last few years. This year's class does look to be better, though.

It's never as good or as bad as it seems, and the truth is that Pastner's teams always seem to get better as the year goes on. That's fine, and I can hope for better days, but we aren't doing ourselves any favors losing games that are winnable early in the season.

Get well soon, Jose.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Arkansas looked much quicker than us, causing lots of turnovers. James did not play like himself, very tentative, maybe still recovering from the flu. When Jose' does not play, it seems like we do not have any identity on offense. With Jose' out, Banks not playing well, and Devoe not shooting well, we still could have and should have won it. I still have high hopes for this season.

We couldn’t feed the big guys. Moses or Banks. Our entry passes looked real bad. Credit to Ark defense but we need to make that happen.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Serious question here... whose minutes will Usher get? Moses? Khalid? Asanti? Or do you think it will just be more of a rotation with another player in the mix?
I believe Khalid moves to the 4 and Usher, Mike and Jose play the 1/2/3 spots. There will clearly be a lot of rotation and specific matchups could dictate changes. But, I think this is the lineup we need to start with. Caveat: I want to see Usher against real competition.

slugboy

Staff member
I wonder how often we see a Jose/Devoe/Bubba/Usher/(big) lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how often we see a Jose/Devoe/Bubba/Usher/(big) lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We might but why? I don’t think that’s our best defensive lineup in the switching zone. We can have two point guards out there but not three. I also don’t think it’s our best offensive lineup either.

Khalid (and Asanti) both deserve to be on the floor.

/

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Pastner, but we need to see some results on the court, specifically on the offensive end of the court. Our guys do not have the individual skills or talent to break defenders down and create their own offense, so we need to be running something on the offensive end of the court. Four guys standing on the perimeter with a big cutting to the top of the key (now we have 5 guys on the perimeter with the ball in the hands of our worst ball handler 25 feet from the basket, doh!) is not working.

Banks should never come higher than the free throw line, unless its for a pick and roll, and in that case we need to actually find him on the roll to the basket once in while (it never happens). If he is going to be passing out of the high post (like Lammers), then he needs to stay in the high post and quit coming to the top of the key. Lammers started doing this too in his senior season and he was not nearly as good of a passer or a threat to score from the top of the key (yes, I know about the ankle). The more I think about this top of the key high post crap, the more I think this is probably just a symptom of our guards and wings not being able to make a decent entry pass to our bigs where they are supposed to be, so the bigs get sucked farther and farther from the basket.

Moses is soooooo aggravating. The guy is a disaster waiting to happen. He should never touch the ball more than 15 feet from the basket. The irony is, that he is actually a very efficient and effective scorer at close range. Why does he and Pastner not realize this.

Bubba needs to look for his own shot a lot more. Right now he is a turnover machine, and I think its largely because he has Cory Heyward syndrome, meaning he is not just pass first but pass always. But unlike Heyward, Bubba has offensive talent, and not just as a spot up shooter. He is our quickest guy off the bounce, and despite being very undersized, he has good leaping ability which combined with his quickness off the dribble allows him to get good separation on pullup jump shots off the drive, which he seems to make at a pretty decent clip when he actually takes them. He is also probably our best shooter other than Devoe, and so needs to be getting to the free throw line off drawing contact driving to the basket.

Asanti Price looks like our most athletic guy right now. Even though he is a freshman, I think he deserves the playing time he is getting, but we need more from him. He should be doing more than standing on the 3 point line. With his athleticism, he should be slashing to the rim.

Too much standing around on offense. We need more player movement and ball movement... and fewer turnovers.