Arkansas

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Totally unfounded IMO, just more hot air from another of the posters we only see after a loss. Jose was 10 feet in front of me the entire game and looked like he could have played tonight.

He literally stood on the baseline and was up the entire game. My guess is that he sits one more game and we see him against Nebraska closer to 100%.

Came directly from Pastner

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Totally unfounded IMO, just more hot air from another of the posters we only see after a loss. Jose was 10 feet in front of me the entire game and looked like he could have played tonight.

He literally stood on the baseline and was up the entire game. My guess is that he sits one more game and we see him against Nebraska closer to 100%.
He was not wearing a boot. Hope he gets well soon! Please don't rush it tho. I remember that year when lammers never healed.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I really enjoyed this basketball game. Anyone that says Arkansas sucks doesn't know the game. Their ball pressure and defense were terrific.

Our defense bothered them in the first half, and completely shut them down at the end of the game. They scored 5 points on the ridiculous technical foul sequence, and the banked three at the buzzer in OT. Other than that, they didn't score for 5 minutes to end regulation or in over time (so 10 straight minutes). That's crazy good defense by our crew.

I remain positive about the team I'm seeing. Devoe has the skills and mindset to be an absolute stud. I think Jose return will take a lot of pressure off Devoe.

On to the next, let's get a few W's under our belt and then go beat Kentucky.

/

One of the few logical post with any substance in this entire thread. Arkansas is a well coached team, an they played with great effort all night.

Their defensive gameplan really was effective on Devoe and James. They were fronting the post and over playing on help side D which made feeding the post very tough, but that was clearly our focus. Pound the ball into the paint, but unfortunately many of the post feeds were dreadful.

I was really impressed with the Arkansas back court. Good size and they can all shoot and/or penetrate. As Mike points out, anyone that says Arkansas sucks doesn’t know what in the hell they're talking about.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't blame him as it was one of several horrible missed calls on Banks. But on TV I couldn't see/hear what he actually did or if Teddy V simply put his rabbit ears on

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure Curtis can be called a bum.

Not sure any NCAA student athlete can be called a bum.

Sure they can. Curtis was a bum. And I was calling 15 on the Piggies a bum all night tonight, right up until he buried that lucky 3 point bank shot at the buzzer that killed us.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
One of the few logical post with any substance in this entire thread. Arkansas is a well coached team, an they played with great effort all night.

Their defensive gameplan really was effective on Devoe and James. They were fronting the post and over playing on help side D which made feeding the post very tough, but that was clearly our focus. Pound the ball into the paint, but unfortunately many of the post feeds were dreadful.

I was really impressed with the Arkansas back court. Good size and they can all shoot and/or penetrate. As Mike points out, anyone that says Arkansas sucks doesn’t know what in the hell they're talking about.

I believe ArKansas leads the nation in 3 point percentage defense and it showed. We shot 18% from 3 and Devoe was 11/15 from 3 through 3 games coming into this game.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sure they can. Curtis was a bum. And I was calling 15 on the Piggies a bum all night tonight, right up until he buried that lucky 3 point bank shot at the buzzer that killed us.

So I guess I can call you a bum and you can call me a bum.

To be fair, put me on the court and I'm a bum.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Like hell you can. Them’s fightin’ words.
;)
giphy.gif