Arkansas

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I think I’m finally ready for Shembari to run point until Jose returns

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sarcasm? I can't tell...

I don't know what Shembari has done, but he is so far under the bench with Pastner, he will never see the light of day.

Maybe it's just that he has shown absolutely nothing on the court in his time here. Its weird because he is the most athletic guard on the team.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
With Pastner, most disappointed he didn’t boost team at the end with plays, motion, something to create. We don’t have that player right now. Devoe is great, but he’s not a blow by you player, he’s a crafty get around you player. It’s not as effective in crunch time when D waiting for it. Not fair of Pastner to let Devoe carry it - and force things - when he clearly could have used a little play-making help from bench.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sarcasm? I can't tell...

I don't know what Shembari has done, but he is so far under the bench with Pastner, he will never see the light of day.

Maybe it's just that he has shown absolutely nothing on the court in his time here. Its weird because he is the most athletic guard on the team.

None at all. Shembari plays better defense than bubba and I’ll take that all day. But call me crazy I think he got in last night for a hot second right? Hopefully Pastner will leave him in a bit longer next game after last night.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
None at all. Shembari plays better defense than bubba and I’ll take that all day. But call me crazy I think he got in last night for a hot second right? Hopefully Pastner will leave him in a bit longer next game after last night.

Yes, I believe he got in for about 1:26 early in the game. I was waiting in an unbearably slow line for concessions at the time and missed it. I thought he might play more because in the pre-game interview with Andy Demetra, Pastner actually mentioned that Shembari would have to pick up some slack with Jose out.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
And I thought he was your favorite player...aren't you the guy who wanted to see him hoist more three-pointers up to lessen up the D?

;-)
Calling myself out... Did anyone else have an out of body moment when #5 caught the ball on the wing with 30 sec to go in OT, unguarded at the 3-point line? I can't be the only one who had a reaction at that juncture.

After seeing what we saw for the first 4:30 of the period, I literally said out loud "F*** it, put it up".

We then scored 2, gave up a 3, and turns out in hindsight it could have been the right play. Haters.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Does Alvarado make that much of a difference on the offensive side? Right now it looks like there’s literally no plan on offense. The same it’s been since Pastner has been here. Will Usher provide significant help for outside shooting? It looks like everyone is unsure of themselves. With Alvarado out, Parham is being asked to do way too much. Our offensive strategy looks to be pass around the perimeter until either Devoe or Parham drives to the paint and throws up a shot. Banks has basically been a non factor on the offensive side for 2 games.

YES. He is a TRUE PG that has the ability to find open people. Unfortunately the open people tend to take disadvantage of their situation. One only needs to look at the assist totals with a healthy Jose versus a less than 100% /MIA Jose.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
You can’t keep using Usher being out as an excuse though. Besides that, it’s the point guard spot that has absolutely killed us the last two games.

This is the determining factor as to whether this team wins or loses also. Guard play, especially PG play is the motor that makes the vehicle go.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
How is it a "razor thin margin" because we lose our best player who is a 3 year starting pg? The kind of depth that let's you just eat that type of injury without losing a beat isnt easy to build nor is it common.
Even the pukes & kensucky can struggle with injuries.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I hate we lost but it’s not as hrs to watch this team as it has been in the past. I guess we’re no longer hopeless, just stuck in that purgatory between being borderline bad but not quite mediocre yet.

GT11

GT Athlete
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sarcasm? I can't tell...

Good attitude unfortunately can’t play

GT11

GT Athlete
This is the determining factor as to whether this team wins or loses also. Guard play, especially PG play is the motor that makes the vehicle go.
Whether you want to hear it or not, it’s the truth. With him, Alvarado, Devoe on the floor at the same opens up a lot of options. This will allow Devoe to be a scorer like at UGA and not a facilitator

GT11

GT Athlete
You don’t believe in him GT11? I’d like to hear your opinion on him.
Good kid with great attitude. Seems to have peaked while during first year at UT. Whether it’s confidence or just satisfied with where is can’t say. Too many bad decisions on the floor and hasn’t made a basket in two years.