Arizona HC Search and Pastner Implications

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Please don't give people reason to substantiate that I am in fact your burner account.

How much longer do you think we can keep this charade up, CuseJ?

Wait, did I say that out loud? Noooooooo ...

You think Stansbury is ruthless enough to go there on a fellow ACC member?
Don't let the smooth taste fool ya? I don't know if he's ruthless, but I'm sure he only has a minimum amount of ruth.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
i agree about keeping cjp and the hewiitt contract. How much do u thing that face shield filters airborne particles? isn't it funny?
Face shield and mask should be comparable at stopping airborne droplets expressed during talking, yelling, breathing, etc., which is the whole purpose of non-respirator face coverings.

Deleted member 2897

He maybe a fine coach but GT shouldn’t be hiring assistants that were fired from anyone let alone another ACC team. Wes Miller has ACC ties and has won over 70% of his games the last few years it’s not really close as to who is a better candidate.

Yep, 100%.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
How much longer do you think we can keep this charade up, CuseJ?

Wait, did I say that out loud? Noooooooo ...

Don't let the smooth taste fool ya? I don't know if he's ruthless, but I'm sure he only has a minimum amount of ruth.
the sandlot GIF

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Mike Hopkins, Jon Scheyer, Chris Jans, Brian Michaelson, Isaac Brown, John Becker, Scott Nagy, Bob Rickey, Adam Cohen, Luke Murray, Joel Justus, Jordan Murray, Mike Rhoades, Kyle Neptune, Christian Webster, Gerry McNamara, Matt McMahon, Casey Alexander
Dude, there are only a handful of coaches worth talking about from that list. No need to pad the stats.

Jans, Becker, and Nagy are good coaches but they have no real ties to the south east and IMO none are the level of coach that would warrant that type of choice.

Rhoades, McMahon, and Alexander are various levels of good choices but you seem swayed by the fact they took over programs in a much better place than Miller did at UNCG. Rhoades in particular at VCU has seem a bit pedestrian to me. McMahon I like though.

Deleted member 2897

Dude, there are only a handful of coaches worth talking about from that list. No need to pad the stats.

Jans, Becker, and Nagy are good coaches but they have no real ties to the south east and IMO none are the level of coach that would warrant that type of choice.

Rhoades, McMahon, and Alexander are various levels of good choices but you seem swayed by the fact they took over programs in a much better place than Miller did at UNCG. Rhoades in particular at VCU has seem a bit pedestrian to me. McMahon I like though.

Thats my point. There are a lot of good options. I never said Wes Miller wasn't. I said he would be on my short list. I was just disputing that every Tech fan should only have Wes Miller as their #1 option. We would never give Wes Miller (or anybody) 5 years of sub 0.500 basketball. Our program wasn't supposed to win a single ACC game in CJPs first year. I can argue both for and against Wes Miller - I think he's a great option. You don't have to sell me on him. But he's not without risk. And I do think there are probably 3-4 other guys that might be better options. I don't know if Mike Hopkins and Jon Scheyer fit that bill, but there's a good group of them on first glance that feel that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Getting back to this. I still think its a weird take to say every Tech fan should have Wes Miller as their top choice. Doesn't mean Wes Miller is a bad guy or a bad coach. I just think there are tons of other good options.

I have not put these in any particular order.
Mike Hopkins, Jon Scheyer, Chris Jans, Brian Michaelson, Isaac Brown, John Becker, Scott Nagy, Bob Rickey, Adam Cohen, Luke Murray, Joel Justus, Jordan Murray, Mike Rhoades, Kyle Neptune, Christian Webster, Gerry McNamara, Matt McMahon, Casey Alexander

Looking over this list briefly, I'd definitely have Wes in my top 5-7 options.
Looking forward to looking over the list. Thanks for providing.

**** Jon Scheyer tho.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Getting back to this. I still think its a weird take to say every Tech fan should have Wes Miller as their top choice. Doesn't mean Wes Miller is a bad guy or a bad coach. I just think there are tons of other good options.

Jon Scheyer? F*** that guy. :sneaky:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Thats my point. There are a lot of good options.

Most of those aren't good options though. Some might be in 5-10 years but not at the moment.

The 6 I listed were the best, although I wouldn't touch Jans with a 10 foot pole due to the off the court stuff at Bowling Green. Becker and Nagy aren't the level of coaches, or haven't proven it, to take with no ties to the south east.

We would never give Wes Miller (or anybody) 5 years of sub 0.500 basketball. Our program wasn't supposed to win a single ACC game in CJPs first year.

Miller completely built UNCG nearly from the ground up compared to the other three taking over VCU, Belmont, and Murray state that were already in great positions. He wouldn't be taking over a program that was 20-72 the previous 3 years. He also wouldn't be taking over mid year starting 2-8. IMO the only name on that list that is particularly close to Miller would be McMahon.

Deleted member 2897

I thought your point was that 3-4 might be better options? I see at most one that is about equal as an option and two that are fairly close behind.

My point is that Wes Miller isn't the default #1 coach option for every Tech fan.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

The only guy I might consider over Miller on that list is Rhoades.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Something to consider: If the Deivon Smith rumors are true, could mean Pastner is for sure staying. I don't think a transfer of that caliber would come knowing that this staff could be headed elsewhere soon.

slugboy

Staff member
Eric Musselman enters the chat:

The local Arizona newspaper lists others, Pastner and Musselman are “interesting candidates”, discusses a “delay in the process”, not sure if Lloyd might lose interest because of the delayed process, ...

I’m on the other side of the country, but this looks like a messy process from where I am.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Eric Musselman enters the chat:

The local Arizona newspaper lists others, Pastner and Musselman are “interesting candidates”, discusses a “delay in the process”, not sure if Lloyd might lose interest because of the delayed process, ...

I’m on the other side of the country, but this looks like a messy process from where I am.

The 247 site's latest Hot Board has dropped Pastner back to fourth.

Also, they apparently interviewed Lute's grandson.