Arizona HC Search and Pastner Implications

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I take my punishment for foolish exaggeration like I take my gelato, gluttonously

“It is the first time since 2012 that Georgia Tech has signed as many as three players ranked among the nation’s top 150 in the 247Sports ranking. Tech’s 2012 recruiting class included four-star forwards Marcus Georges-Hunt and Robert Carter, Jr., and was rated the nation’s 10th-best. The Jackets had the nation’s 11th-ranked class in 2009, a six-player group highlighted by forward Derrick Favors, the nation’s top-ranked prospect, and guard Mfon Udofia.”

Deleted member 2897

I take my punishment for foolish exaggeration like I take my gelato, gluttonously

“It is the first time since 2012 that Georgia Tech has signed as many as three players ranked among the nation’s top 150 in the 247Sports ranking. Tech’s 2012 recruiting class included four-star forwards Marcus Georges-Hunt and Robert Carter, Jr., and was rated the nation’s 10th-best. The Jackets had the nation’s 11th-ranked class in 2009, a six-player group highlighted by forward Derrick Favors, the nation’s top-ranked prospect, and guard Mfon Udofia.”

And this is before we got high 4-star #50 nationally transfer Deivon Smith. Ignoring everyone else's transfers (because I don't feel like spending time to look it up), that puts this class into the top 10. Of course thats a big caveat, so if anybody cares to look up transfers, go for it.

By comparison, Kansas has 4 4-stars and 1 3-star and is ranked #6 in the country. UConn had 3 4-stars and is ranked #11 in the country. We had 4 4-stars, so we would slot right in between them.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
So excited for Kelly and Deebo. Gonna be nice to have some knock down shooters, and shot makers. They would of been perfect on this years team. The country better hope Moses and Jose don't come back or its over for everyone.

Deleted member 2897

So excited for Kelly and Deebo. Gonna be nice to have some knock down shooters, and shot makers. They would of been perfect on this years team. The country better hope Moses and Jose don't come back or its over for everyone.

I just want to start the year beating the teams we're supposed to beat. We would have started 9-1 this year had we beat Georgia State and Mercer. We lost 6 OOC games to start the season the year before, and 5 the year before that. We don't have to go undefeated, but we've got to stop putting enormous pressure on ourselves before we enter conference play which is always a bloodbath in the ACC.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Don't sleep on Coleman and Kelly's ability to create their own shots. Kelly especially has been working on new ways to score off the dribble. Now you add in Deivon Smith's potential to mix...it's really exciting if these guys fulfill their potential.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't sleep on Coleman and Kelly's ability to create their own shots. Kelly especially has been working on new ways to score off the dribble. Now you add in Deivon Smith's potential to mix...it's really exciting if these guys fulfill their potential.
Thats my favorite part. They are shot makers not stand still shooters. I love Kellys footwork on his shot. That pivot foot to get into his shot off the move/dribble. They are both going to be deadly.