Are we sure Pastner is a good recruiter?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’d love to hear Mr. Little’s thoughts on this. He made it a point to stick up and defend Pastner as a person on Twitter when the Bell crap hit.

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
I honestly don’t even get the question. The guy has a TOP 35 recruiting class this year and looks to be lining up another nice class next year. I give him a LOT of credit for just that! I suspect Tech is never going to land 5-Stars in furious numbers, no matter who is coach.(As an academic school) “Georgia Tech ain’t made for everybody and everybody ain’t made for Georgia Tech.” What is important, to me at least, is whether or not CJP can develop the players we do sign and whethe4 or not we can be competitive in the ACC. The jury is still out on what we’ll do in the ACC and in March, but overall I like what I see of CJP so far.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Im not sure if he is a good recruiter, but I think it is safe to say he is better than......some others. Alvarado was a great get (id like to point out again that I would have taken Jose over Alex Barcello all day everyday), Devoe is a really good get. Watson would be a big get. Disu would be a good get. I think Khalid Moore has a ton of potential. So far I have zero complaints given where we were a few short years ago.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If we are going with one-off anecdotes, then I’ll add mine to counter this:

Our daughters were in the same dance class this year. I spoke with him at a recital. He was super personable and engaging. Also, his wife is hot, so, yes, he can recruit.
If it’s a toss up between 2 candidates, ALWAYS hire the one with the hotter wife. It’s a huge indicator of future success.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Im not sure if he is a good recruiter, but I think it is safe to say he is better than......some others. Alvarado was a great get (id like to point out again that I would have taken Jose over Alex Barcello all day everyday), Devoe is a really good get. Watson would be a big get. Disu would be a good get. I think Khalid Moore has a ton of potential. So far I have zero complaints given where we were a few short years ago.

'Better than Gregs' should never be the standard. That's not even the 'floor'. That's the dirt under the basement under the floor where we should be.

In other news ... you got a podcast? Why am I just hearing this?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Are we sure he's a good recruiter? No, I'm not sure. I don't think we have enough evidence to know either way. But, I think I've seen enough to know he's not a bad recruiter.

It's possible, maybe even likely, we've been on a recruiting playing field that hasn't been level. It's possible, that a the new world order of college basketball recruiting shakes out that we'll be in a better spot than we have been in the last decade.

We'll see.

/

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I apologize to the GT alum or current students for this question. I did not go to Tech but how hard is the 1st semester as a freshman? I'm just curious because a potential one and done 5 star player just needs to pass their 1st semester classes. Am I right or wrong? Again, I'm not trying to offend anybody.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I apologize to the GT alum or current students for this question. I did not go to Tech but how hard is the 1st semester as a freshman? I'm just curious because a potential one and done 5 star player just needs to pass their 1st semester classes. Am I right or wrong? Again, I'm not trying to offend anybody.

Every kid needs to leave in good standing or the school's APR gets dinged. Might not take a full load, but they have to pass.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There are plenty of classes to take to get someone thru 1 year as long as there’s basic intelligence. Much harder to make progress towards graduation year over year.