Analytics post mortem

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think the game was in our favor after the safety, but if we'd scored a TD on the next drive, it would have been. The kick-6 was brutal.

Again, maybe I'm missing where we run an RPO or play action, but EVERYONE is keying on the run against us. We should be feasting on play action passing. If we had an RPO game, we could burn everyone.

Also, as much as I like our QBs, I'd like to see more triple. The QB calls their own number a lot, and I'd like to see the ball go outside to a slot runner more often.
Agree with all of this. I said before the Syracuse game that I would make Haynes King beat me through the air. That is exactly what teams are doing, and I don't think we're adjusting to it. Even though King is playing really efficiently, we're still not capitalizing.

slugboy

Staff member

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Looking at pure W/L rankings, Louisville and Syracuse have bottom 100 strength of schedules right now. If they keep winning, it'll obviously improve, but as of right now they have beaten a whole bunch of nobodies.

45.​
Louisville 0.646122
3-1​
0.469183: 104
0​
0​
W: #74 Georgia Tech
46.​
Syracuse 0.645152
3-1​
0.467728: 105
0​
0​
W: #71 Ohio
No. They’ve each beaten two nobodies, plus a good-but-not-yet-great Georgia Tech.