Analytics post mortem

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Looks like cfb-graphs is gone, but might have been absorbed by college football insiders (interesting name since football outsiders is now dead).
I just ran across the today and have been checking it out. I like the match up analyzer.
1728600910330.png

slugboy

Staff member
Looks like cfb-graphs is gone, but might have been absorbed by college football insiders (interesting name since football outsiders is now dead).
I just ran across the today and have been checking it out. I like the match up analyzer.
View attachment 16977
Yeah, a sports book is sponsoring Parker Fleming now. He still tweets. For example, last week's UNC V PITT gamer was closer than the scoreboard would indicate (I guess)

He also retweeted this elegant looking play

And it leads to this

And another preview

IMG_0391.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, a sports book is sponsoring Parker Fleming now. He still tweets. For example, last week's UNC V PITT gamer was closer than the scoreboard would indicate (I guess)

He also retweeted this elegant looking play

And it leads to this

And another preview

View attachment 16978

Interesting. His Top 40 list for last 4 eeeks doesn’t include Louisville or Syracuse. Also still has GT below Duke. Doesn’t pass the eye test…

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

Overall our defense is loads better than they were last year! First off, the run defense improvement is obviously clear. While the rest of the defensive numbers are not as obvious, the secondary is playing a lot tighter coverage than previously even if it's not always perfect. They do seem to allow a couple big plays from broken coverages every game, which is likely the biggest reason the stats are as bad as they are, but they are at least making it harder on the QBs. The pass rush is still not getting home like it should but there have still been more positive plays from them than previous years.

We have a ways to go but CTS seems to be on the right track

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Overall our defense is loads better than they were last year! First off, the run defense improvement is obviously clear. While the rest of the defensive numbers are not as obvious, the secondary is playing a lot tighter coverage than previously even if it's not always perfect. They do seem to allow a couple big plays from broken coverages every game, which is likely the biggest reason the stats are as bad as they are, but they are at least making it harder on the QBs. The pass rush is still not getting home like it should but there have still been more positive plays from them than previous years.

We have a ways to go but CTS seems to be on the right track
Agree.

Many of us wondered in the preseason if just changing coaches would make a big difference in our defense.

It has.