Analytics post mortem

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
May be a twofold thing: first, he may be consciously trying to hold down the INTs, and second perhaps knowing he can run gives himself extra “margin” to accomplish the first. Bottom line is we still cannot afford to give away possessions.
Bottom line is that a sack is usually better than an interception. Yes I know an exception to that would be if it's 4th and whatever and an interception is thrown downfield and not run back.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
On the play he got Rutherford massacred he released very late and underthrew the ball. It has been a habit with him. Maybe it didn’t bother me as much last year because we finally had a stable, competent QB but what’s keeping him from reaching the next level of performance is timing and placement of his throws.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
On the play he got Rutherford massacred he released very late and underthrew the ball. It has been a habit with him. Maybe it didn’t bother me as much last year because we finally had a stable, competent QB but what’s keeping him from reaching the next level of performance is timing and placement of his throws.
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. He needs to work in his timing. It could also be affected by his throwing motion. He used to have a serious windup, but Wienke has shortened that considerably.