Am I being too negative ? Help !!

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
When I originally started this thread about 2 weeks ago, I was extremely frustrated with our PROGRESS, or lack of same. I am really not so concerned about the W-L record , especially considering the difficulty of this years schedule. I KNOW we are starting a few freshmen, especially at the vital QB position. Considering that, I have noticed some overall improvement on offense.
We have beaten 2 bad teams. One has a new coach this year, the other is in his second year. We have also lost to two mediocre teams, and made them look awesome in the process. On defense, we seem to be particularly vulnerable to long passes- DBs are frequently out of position seemingly trying to fill in for the limited mobility of our LBs. Our DL has trouble generating a consistent pass rush- Clayton can't seem to stay healthy- so we rush those immobile LBs, and put more pressure on the DBs. I understand it's difficult to coach "mobility". But, given the problems stated above ( most teams have at least some weaknesses too) I cannot see that we are playing noticeably better in the sense that we haven't shown much attempt at covering , or correcting those weaknesses. Anyone else feel this way ?