Alcohol at BDS?

I don't remember any hotel on North Ave right at the stadium, and I have been going to Tech games since 1962. The area across from the stadium was occupied by the YMCA, and that building is still there. The area across from Smith Dorm was occupied by a "strip" that included The Engineers' Book Store, the Techwood Theater, and Juniors Grill. I think your memory is faulty.
I t was the Georgian Terrace Hotel....I think.

Animal02

Banned
I don't remember any hotel on North Ave right at the stadium, and I have been going to Tech games since 1962. The area across from the stadium was occupied by the YMCA, and that building is still there. The area across from Smith Dorm was occupied by a "strip" that included The Engineers' Book Store, the Techwood Theater, and Juniors Grill. I think your memory is faulty.
There was the Techwood Motel sandwiched in between Juniors and I-75/85. Rather seedy place IIRC, at least in the late '70'......

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow if our watering hole and TVs are responsible for the empty seats in 50% of the East stands then that alone is a policy change screaming for attention.

Stop giving away drinks where the TVs are, honor the vouchers ‘at your seat’, with the serving staff and sell drinks everywhere in the stadium !

I Promise there won’t be any empty seats for the entire 3rd quarter in that section anymore

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

There was the Tech Motel which was east of the Techwood/North Avenue interchange. I stayed there when I visited the campus. It was torn down years ago.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
No reason for us to not sell alcohol. We need the money

My understanding is that alcohol cannot be sold at State owned facilities except in private clubs. The Callaway Club at the Tit has special entrances that isolate it from the general admission. I could see a case, and advocate a case for, a tailate experience INSIDE BDS but with separate entrances. Ole Miss does this to great effect at the baseball games ...

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Selling alcohol would be a good way for the Georgia Tech Athletic Department to pick up needed funds

I'm not sure they would increase revenue "dramatically" .. I think it's probably more of a promotion to encourage attendance. By far, the best way to increase revenue is ... donors, season ticket sales, and merchandising. It drops offer significantly after that. Of the 25,000 or so season ticket holders, probably about 1750 drive 50% of the donation base. If TStan got them to increase their donations by 20% and got the rest of the base to contribute $100 each ... THAT would be change things. I might have to do some calculations this morning ...

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure they would increase revenue "dramatically" .. I think it's probably more of a promotion to encourage attendance. By far, the best way to increase revenue is ... donors, season ticket sales, and merchandising. It drops offer significantly after that. Of the 25,000 or so season ticket holders, probably about 1750 drive 50% of the donation base. If TStan got them to increase their donations by 20% and got the rest of the base to contribute $100 each ... THAT would be change things. I might have to do some calculations this morning ...
Thanks for that info,Vespidae(y)

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
If anyone answers No to this question on the survey please come here and tell us so we can appropriately yell at you and ask you not to fill out the rest of your form.
Yell away. I like not having to deal with the drinking of a few that can ruin the game for me and my family. My opinion is to keep it out of my cheap seats section where families can enjoy the game without alcohol-induced idiocy.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I think there is nothing better than to go to a football game and enjoy a cold beer and a warm brat while watching the action. I went to the SEC Championship Game and was uber-disappointed when they did not open up the taps due to SEC rules. (Unless, of course, you were in Club Level.)

I could go either way. But .... if you are going to add alcohol ... at least get some decent stadium seating. That is the number one complaint I hear is how uncomfortable bleachers are. Like or not ... Atlanta United and Mercedes Benz Stadium has changed the entertainment expectation.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Yell away. I like not having to deal with the drinking of a few that can ruin the game for me and my family. My opinion is to keep it out of my cheap seats section where families can enjoy the game without alcohol-induced idiocy.
I've taken my son to most of the Atlanta United games this season where the alcohol is flowing without issue. I see and hear idiots at most GT games I attend and don't believe serving alcohol in stadium is going to increase the number of irresponsible drunks. Like others have already said people are sneaking it in or getting extra loaded before the game since they know nothing is available in stadium.