Alcohol at BDS?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I've taken my son to most of the Atlanta United games this season where the alcohol is flowing without issue. I see and hear idiots at most GT games I attend and don't believe serving alcohol in stadium is going to increase the number of irresponsible drunks. Like others have already said people are sneaking it in or getting extra loaded before the game since they know nothing is available in stadium.

Yeah, I’m guilty of drinking a couple of extra beers before I walk through the gate. Sobering up during the game is...sobering. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
But its not for purchase there. Its free with the tickets only 2 drinks. Trust me. The reason people sit under there is tvs. I told rad remove the tvs people walk back out. Sure. Getting a free drink helps. But tvs make it palatable

There is no alcohol sales at bds. So what you are saying is a little cnn.

Sounds more like Donald Trump to me. I mean, since you had to ruin your post with a little thinly-veiled political dropping in the wrong forum, I thought I'd fix it for you.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
There is a specific reason its that way as you cant take payment without specific licensing and accounting. And original to that offer no one with an on campus stadium sold and still maybe the case, sells alcohol
Alcohol has been sold at on-campus stadiums for at least 30+ years. I directly observed it growing up in Syracuse.

From 2016:
Screen-Shot-2015-10-16-at-1.19.23-PM.png

Updated for 2018:
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...dium-ncaa-where-you-can-drink-beer/528530002/

Some additional stats:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...cohol-sales-at-college-stadiums/#2295239f6259
Ten years ago, fewer than a dozen big-time football universities permitted beer sales in their stadiums. Today more than 50–about a third of all Division I FBS schools–sell beer at their football venues, and a growing list of smaller schools are also bellying up to stadium bars.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
As we change coach, defense scheme, offensive scheme ; there will be plenty of time when we will want a drink. Hopefully as season goes on more times for celebration.

The season experience questionnaire had a question about drinks at bds. I answered that one extremely yes with a comment - by the time we play nd got to have it.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
You'll see a big Block M on that map over Minneapolis.

I moved to Minnesota from Georgia in 1989 to attend the UM. My first Gophers football game was against Nebraska...the Gophers lost 48-0 which was not what I was used to for Georgia football under Vince Dooley.

The one thing though was that the Gophers played in the Metrodome...they had given up Memorial Stadium back in 1982 or so...and that you could buy beer. It was quite the novelty for a UGA grad who had always either drank too much before the game...or found a way to continue drinking too much while Between the Hedges.

Flip the rolodex 20 years when finally the Gophers moved back to campus to a new, open-air stadium whose naming rights was sold to a one "TCF Bank." Of course money from the Legislature was required...and given the very populist nature of Minnesota democrats...should the folks in the boxes be allowed to drink while the masses have soda (that's what they call it here)...or would all enjoy the simple joy of very expensive beer? The populists won and the rest is history. There are beer and wine sales at TCF

In general the only folks who have a "problem" with sales of alcohol for a NCAA event are those who would have a problem anyway. For us it's Iowa and Wisconsin fans but your average Minnesota fan has a couple during the game and that's it. The Billd's drink before the game and have Coke during the game because beer/wine inhibits our ability to yell on first down...second down...and so on...sensitive vocal chords I guess.

Fact is even when sales are legal there are folks that sneak stuff in...and risk being thrown out. Once the novelty wears off in general it's the kids and the visitors that have issues...the rest are fine.

Last edited: