Alcohol at BDS?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I just filled out a survey for GT Athletics. If you get an email about the survey, please take a few minutes to fill it out. There were some interesting questions, especially the one in the image about alcohol sales. Are we really considering this? I don’t remember this question from past surveys. How do you feel about alcohol sales at BDS?

860bc0a510160b54fa1e199d2e25d674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I just filled out a survey for GT Athletics. If you get an email about the survey, please take a few minutes to fill it out. There were some interesting questions, especially the one in the image about alcohol sales. Are we really considering this? I don’t remember this question from past surveys. How do you feel about alcohol sales at BDS?

860bc0a510160b54fa1e199d2e25d674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering they already sell beer at BDS, I don't see why it shouldn't be opened up to everyone.

Look, IO tailgate for hours ahead of time so I enjoy drinking a Diet Coke. Then head back to the tailgate and drink some more after the game. But if you want a beer, have at it. Is anybody here old enough to remember that Hotel right at the Stadium on North Avenue and remember the guys with the kegs selling beer?

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
The email said the survey was being sent out at all ACC schools. Other ACC schools already have alcohol sales, so I guess it can't be to change a conference restriction.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Club level seats, beer and wine. It's one of the reasons the gold seats are so slow to fill after half time :rolleyes:.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/geot/genrel/auto_pdf/PSBrochure.pdf

But its not for purchase there. Its free with the tickets only 2 drinks. Trust me. The reason people sit under there is tvs. I told rad remove the tvs people walk back out. Sure. Getting a free drink helps. But tvs make it palatable

There is no alcohol sales at bds. So what you are saying is a little cnn.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
But its not for purchase there. Its free with the tickets only 2 drinks. Trust me. The reason people sit under there is tvs. I told rad remove the tvs people walk back out. Sure. Getting a free drink helps. But tvs make it palatable
But there *is* beer. Sorry I wasn't clear about purchase. I see little difference between ticket exchange and payment. My main point is we serve beer at BDS on game day right now, so little could stop us from doing it everywhere.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
But there *is* beer. Sorry I wasn't clear about purchase. I see little difference between ticket exchange and payment. My main point is we serve beer at BDS on game day right now, so little could stop us from doing it everywhere.

There is a specific reason its that way as you cant take payment without specific licensing and accounting. And original to that offer no one with an on campus stadium sold and still maybe the case, sells alcohol

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
There is a specific reason its that way as you cant take payment without specific licensing and accounting. And original to that offer no one with an on campus stadium sold and still maybe the case, sells alcohol
Could we then not have other season tickets you paid a premium for that would grant you tickets for beer, but not be in the club level? We could always take baby steps.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Wouldn't mind seeing it. But it doesn't do anything relative to the game experience for me personally and I would hate to see folks overserved.
It won't personally improve my experience but I still see no reason to not serve in stadium. If serving a few drinks helps increase attendance and revenue then I'm all for it and in the long run it will enhance my experience

Look, IO tailgate for hours ahead of time so I enjoy drinking a Diet Coke. Then head back to the tailgate and drink some more after the game. But if you want a beer, have at it. Is anybody here old enough to remember that Hotel right at the Stadium on North Avenue and remember the guys with the kegs selling beer?
I don't remember any hotel on North Ave right at the stadium, and I have been going to Tech games since 1962. The area across from the stadium was occupied by the YMCA, and that building is still there. The area across from Smith Dorm was occupied by a "strip" that included The Engineers' Book Store, the Techwood Theater, and Juniors Grill. I think your memory is faulty.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I don't remember any hotel on North Ave right at the stadium, and I have been going to Tech games since 1962. The area across from the stadium was occupied by the YMCA, and that building is still there. The area across from Smith Dorm was occupied by a "strip" that included The Engineers' Book Store, the Techwood Theater, and Juniors Grill. I think your memory is faulty.
There was one for a few years in the area were Junior's was, then torn down for Olympic housing, iirc.
It was right in front of the light at North Avenue and the I75 exit ramp, across from the Smith Residence Hall.